Ryobi - Rigid - Milwaukee? Which For the Homeowner?

CFBush2

3 hours ago, Kato said:

I can't comment on warranty, the only tool that failed me was the original "blue" leaf blower, and it was built to fail. Plastic flywheel on a blower...dumb, dumb, dumb idea. It was past any warranty, and they had shit for parts back then. I tried to track down a replacement flywheel, but after a while decided to just ditch it and went with a corded Black&Decker. I had a 1/4 sheet sander that was the subject of a recall. Sent it back and they sent a new one. No problem there, the experience was fine. I have another recall now, with one of their original "blue" drills, which I have two of. They're boxed up and waiting for FedEx. I expect this recall to go smooth too.

The drills were working fine for me, I never had an issue with either one. But, I'm not going to pass up getting two new ones.

Yea had the same problem my blower was the green version of the same thing you had except in blue. The fan just up and exploded on me one day. Wasn't a bad little unit for light yard cleanups after mowing and edging though.

I have M12 and M18 lines.

For the 12s I have fuel drill/driver, impact, and a non-Fuel hackzall. I also have the M12 lantern.

For M18 I have the Gen 1 Fuel combo, and 6.5" circ saw.

From work I have a Dewalt framing nailer.

At home collecting dust I have a non-Fuel M12 kit.

Im thinking about getting Dewalt for home because of the framing nailer but also because of the outdoor tools. I have a crap mower, a crap weedwacker (that might be blown up), and an ancient corded Bosch hedge clipper that looks okay but I've only moved it around the shed.

The nice thing about Dewalt is the outdoor lines. At the same time I'm not sure how the 20V compares to the 40V. I almost think I'd want to go 40V for outdoor.

I really like my Fuel stuff. The only problem I've had is shearing the screw that holds the chuck on. **Pro tip... If your drilling something and the bit binds and gets stuck if you just throw it in reverse you'll likely shear that screw as it's not rated to take much torque.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you are going to say HD to scope stuff out make sure you like how the tools feel in your hand. Comfort while using them can  go a long way to liking them more.

In todays tech there's no room for bad ergonomics imo of course.  the PC line has nice grips and balance in my hand.

• Like 1

If you are going to say HD to scope stuff out make sure you like how the tools feel in your hand. Comfort while using them can  go a long way to liking them more.

In todays tech there's no room for bad ergonomics imo of course.  the PC line has nice grips and balance in my hand.

That's what's great about PC they share some of the Dewalt style gripping.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

That's what's great about PC they share some of the Dewalt style gripping.

B+D too, PC has a weird texture. I do like the PC drills for a non-professional but their lineup isn't nearly as big as some of the others. I think B+D's basic 20V drill is the better choice for the homeowner because B+D has a pretty good lineup for around the house and in the yard...just don't buy the Autosense! One good thing is it seems that it's rather easy to modify either the tool or battery to use the Dewalt/B+D/PC batteries in the other lines' tools. Generally it's just cutting off a plastic tab, which obviously voids your warranty.

This is virtually the same reason why I think Ryobi is the better TTI brand for the homeowner.

• Like 1

B+D too, PC has a weird texture. I do like the PC drills for a non-professional but their lineup isn't nearly as big as some of the others. I think B+D's basic 20V drill is the better choice for the homeowner because B+D has a pretty good lineup for around the house and in the yard...just don't buy the Autosense! One good thing is it seems that it's rather easy to modify either the tool or battery to use the Dewalt/B+D/PC batteries in the other lines' tools. Generally it's just cutting off a plastic tab, which obviously voids your warranty.

This is virtually the same reason why I think Ryobi is the better TTI brand for the homeowner.

You mean the black and decker nonsense?

• Like 2