Compressor Update...

taylorv1

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

I bought mine a few years ago black Friday pricing of $150 so I'm not upset at the clearance price. I haven't hit up HD in more than a week so I'm sure what was there is now gone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Compressors and the Ego trimmer are what I originally went looking for when I ended up with the toolboxes. So I think it was Thursday. Shame I couldn't have gone a couple days earlier, might have been some of those...though I would have missed out on the tool boxes, which were pulled and on the floor with clearance price tags. Wish I still had my pickup, then I could have bought more and maybe trade someone that picked up a couple of the compressors.

2 hours ago, taylorv1 said:

At HD right now, that have the PC Pancake 6 gal air compressor w/ 2 nailers and Stapler for $199, I am also looking at the Dewalt Pancake 6gal one, but my HD doesn't have it in store.. Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get the pc for 199

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taylorv1 said:

Now, I am kinda considering the rolair JC-10? I am a Custom Woodworker, I really only use finish nailers, Or should I get the "Bull" model? Recommendations?

hahaha just too many too choose from ahhhhh!!! lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, taylorv1 said:

Now, I am kinda considering the rolair JC-10? I am a Custom Woodworker, I really only use finish nailers, Or should I get the "Bull" model? Recommendations?

If you use one all the time i would look for a quiet one, not sure on the models you listed if they are "quiet"

1 hour ago, taylorv1 said:
They are both quiet. JC-10 is 2.5gal and "Bull" is 4.6 gallon

I would get the 4.6 gal. Compressor would run less and can run more tools assuming the cfms are there. My husky 4.6 gal silent flow runs my Matco impact but will cycle. 20gal is no issue

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make sure you take pictures of your new compressor for the crew, as a thankyou for all the help the crew provided you in picking one out.

Also, do you know why they call is Bosstich? Because the boss had an itch at the time he was thinking up a name for his new brand. After he scratched his itch and fished his wish, the company became Bosstich. [emoji6]

Photos Above. Thanks to Everyone who has helped me with my decision.

• Like 1

Nice choice Taylor, I have the same compressor and love it. Yes you do have to add a coupler but that's pretty minor. Other than that enjoy, it's a great little compressor and will do quite a bit! fe8b0cd5c93043847337f572afc6d57b.jpg Now get you some Flexzilla and you will be setup!

51af5fc3aa493d49172419d996991174.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, taylorv1 said:

I got the Bull. One question: It didn't come with the coupler to add air hose? Do I need to buy my own?

New compressor! Who doesn't love new tools! Seems most compressors come with couplings already on, but this might be just how they do things, so you can get your own style if you don't have the industrial style that they all come with, so just make sure to get the industrial style, unless you know you have a different style....

• Like 2

Nice little compressor you got there Taylor, I kind of like the green. I don't like the fact that it didn't come with its own quick connect coupler. OK, you can find these at any auto parts store. What you want is a quick connect coupler that uses 1/4 NPT threads.

Before you install it, make sure you wrap teflon tape 3 times onto the threads, then install it. Using a wrench tighten it onto the compressor, but be careful to not overtighten it or you will strip the threads. The job of the teflon tape is to prevent you from having to tighten it down too much.

Got a coupler, turned it on. Works Good. I'll have to put it to the real test later this week... :)

• Like 2