Compressor Update...

taylorv1

Notice that James post is nearly a page long? lol. Anyways, I am glad to hear that you got it going, and I can't wait to hear your opinion of your new compressor.

So, I have been using the Rolair for a fee days now. Love it. BUT, almost everytime I have turned it on, right before it reaches max capacity and shuts off, the oil cap pops off, and oil sprays out a little. Why is this happening? Should I just tape it down?

So, I have been using the Rolair for a fee days now. Love it. BUT, almost everytime I have turned it on, right before it reaches max capacity and shuts off, the oil cap pops off, and oil sprays out a little. Why is this happening? Should I just tape it down?

I have never had that issue with mine. Mine just has an o-rings that provides enough of a friction fit to keep it in place. I would contact Rolair. I am sure they will make it right.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

On 4/20/2016 at 5:37 PM, taylorv1 said:

Is there a breather that you can see on the crankcase? It can be incorporated with the oil cap with maybe a foam/mesh piece to keep the oil from spraying out, make sure it can actually breathe

Is there a breather that you can see on the crankcase? It can be incorporated with the oil cap with maybe a foam/mesh piece to keep the oil from spraying out, make sure it can actually breathe

I figured it out. I realized I was using to wrong piece for the oil cap. Works fine now. Thanks Everyone!

• Like 3

Great thread! I am looking hard at the JC10 myself, as well as The Bull. I won't be painting with it, so am not too worried about the tank size. However, I would like to be able to run a gun off it... My concerns with the Bull are two; First, it is about half again as heavy as the JC10. Second, I'm a bit worried about the volume level, especially working in tight spaces indoors. My understanding is that perceived volume is doubled for every 10 dB increase. That would make the 80 dB Bull 4 times as loud as the 60 dB JC10!

Another thought, the CAT 4610A would give me similar weight as JC10 with 4.6 gal tank. Hmmm.... Need to do some more digging. 

• Like 1