What fits in Milwaukee 2897-22 Case

olletsocmit

I have the Milwaukee 2691-22 kit here is a link to info:  https://tinyurl.com/han4ne2

I saw a empty case online for $25 for a 2897-22 M18 fuel case.  Here is the info to the fuel kit, this is the case: https://tinyurl.com/hbf3wpm My question is does anyone know if my stuff will fit in this case?  Mine came with a soft bag for the case and it sucks.  Please help me if you know or have the case at home to try.

Attached are pics of the case i want to get for my tools...

Milwaukee m18 fuel 2897-22 case Front.jpg

Milwaukee m18 fuel 2897-22 case Inside.jpg

Milwaukee m18 fuel 2897-22 case.jpg

Sorry i'm late to the party @Tim C ..... I have the previous generation fuel case, but not the second gen case. If it were me, I would buy it absolutely if you are set on getting a case. My suggestion would be to get small toolbox you can carry around and put other items in as well, that's what I did with my second gen drill/impact set. If it doesn't exactly fit, you can heat up the plastic in the case so it's nice and flexible, then push your drill and impact into the soft plastic, and it will conform to the different size of your drill and impact.

What did you decide?

Remember way back when tool manufacturers put everything in a steel case?

Plastic cases are over sized, and nothing but the intended product will fit, and only if arranged by the chimpanzee on the production floor.

Most blow mold cases become a projectile then recycling

It will be here on 4/20. I am now worried it won't fit after I just noticed that the 2897-22 kit comes with a hammer drill and mine is not. The hammer drill is something like 1/4" longer. I will see tomorrow..

i dont know if anyone else on here has any interest at all about different tools fitting in different hard cases.. because I hate the soft bags. I noticed over the last four days that it is virtually impossible to find any info at all about tools fitting in cases and also quite impossible to find out what the different cases inside look like. The hard case for the fuel drill/driver kit actually comes in over 9 dif case molds. 

• Like 1

Notice:  does anyone on here have any interest in me compiling a list of specs & pictures of all the different hard cases for regular, brushless, fuel, individual, etc. and what tools will fit in each case?  Does anybody else here buy tool only or ones that come w/ the crappy bags and want to put them in different hard cases... let me know, my friends shop has Milwaukee and they  let me go in and try all the cases and all the different tools. 

4 hours ago, Tim C said:

Notice:  does anyone on here have any interest in me compiling a list of specs & pictures of all the different hard cases for regular, brushless, fuel, individual, etc. and what tools will fit in each case?  Does anybody else here buy tool only or ones that come w/ the crappy bags and want to put them in different hard cases... let me know, my friends shop has Milwaukee and they  let me go in and try all the cases and all the different tools. 

Overall most of us tend to get rid of those blow mold cases, we had a thread going, not saying nobody else uses them, feel free to create a sheet I'm sure that some guys would be happy to see this!

I usually toss most of mine in the recycle bin but thats because nearly all of my power tools hang on my wall in the garage or in my Ridgid stack. I think my circular saw and SDS+ Rotary are the only 2 I have left in their cases.

i have both the molded cases and the contractor bags, I never use the hard cases but because the bag is just open I do use a few here and there so in saying that I would like to see an option when buying. 

• Like 1

only down side to the Milwaukee bags, are advertising, let's say you use the bag for whatever, some people see that you must have Milwaukee tools......reason I say that is years ago when I bought a killer stereo system for my truck the salesman says oh ya you get this huge Alpine sticker for your truck and I'll through in a jacket too......I laughed and said why not just give me a sticker that says I have an awesome stereo in this truck please take it.....

I gave the jacket to my niece ( didn't have kids) at the time...lol

• Like 1

Ok so I got the hard case today & ...Fail. Does not fit. Dispite Milwaukee rep and via phone saying it would as well as a few people on Instagram that say it would. So apparently brushed, brushless, fuel, etc are all dif sizes. 

See attached pics. I am gonna first try and heat gun it then dremmel hahahha 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Shit I'm sorry. Had I seen this thread earlier I could have told you that your stuff would not fit. The cases are made specifically for those tools that are marked on the side. The only thing other than the regular 1200 inch pound drill and 1800 inch pound impact driver that will fit is the one key versions of the same tools.

I absolutely hate those damn cases. They look amazing but that is where it ends. There is zero room for any accessories in them where the contractor bags have room for other stuff. Heck, I carry all my Milwaukee tools in a 10 year old Ridgid canvas bag because the case sucks that much.

Ehh a little heat gun action, get the plastic nice and soft, push it into shape hey if you like the cases that's great, I don't mind them so much myself, I REALLY like my 26" Milwaukee boxes personally

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I picked up the Ridgid system case. Fits my M12 kit with 2 2.0 and 2 4.0 M12 packs, the charger, bits, level, fluke meter Marrettes, an assortment of screws, and other stuff. It would easily fit a M18 kit. Use foam to create custom inserts or to pack it so things fit snuggly. Works great and it's a sealed case so if it's close it stays clean.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I was wondering when someone might try stripping out the insides of one of those cases and putting some kaizen foam in there, be pretty cool to cram tons more stuff in one of those blow molded cases....

''I was thinking of doing that to consolidate a bunch of my drill bit/driver cases so I could keep them all handy in one case. I'm tired of going through 4-5 cases every time I want something ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JerryNY said:

I was wondering when someone might try stripping out the insides of one of those cases and putting some kaizen foam in there, be pretty cool to cram tons more stuff in one of those blow molded cases....

''I was thinking of doing that to consolidate a bunch of my drill bit/driver cases so I could keep them all handy in one case. I'm tired of going through 4-5 cases every time I want something ;)

would be easy.  nice heat gun and raror blade.