How did I do for a total of $170 spent?

Completed my cordless lineup yesterday with the $30 purchase of the EGO string trimmer with 2ah battery.

I bought the Ryobi 40v attachment capable string trimmer with battery and charger for $40 off of Craigslist. The edger attachment was free from Lowe's, thank you Spring Black Friday.

My biggest score was the EGO 20" mower, all attachments, fast charger, and x2 4ah batteries for $100 off of Craigslist! This was in near new condition too. I did have to drive 1.5hrs away though.

I am now all cordless and love it!

4ab0597d9902cfb2efa66df3e9696d41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I will say the EGO mower is special and a complete joy to use. I especially love how easy it is to fold the handle flat and store the mower upright. This frees up valuable storage space in my small garage workshop I am putting together in my new to me 1941 house/garage.

However, it has noticeably less suction/mulching power than the outgoing Toro gas model it replaced. It just doesn't suck up the leaves and debris from the yard like the gas mower did (I bag the clippings). This means more raking for me. Luckily, living in North Florida, there isn't a whole lot of raking to be done. I will see if this aspects bugs me or not over the long run.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The.Handyman said:

I will say the EGO mower is special and a complete joy to use. I especially love how easy it is to fold the handle flat and store the mower upright. This frees up valuable storage space in my small garage workshop I am putting together in my new to me 1941 house/garage.

However, it has noticeably less suction/mulching power than the outgoing Toro gas model it replaced. It just doesn't suck up the leaves and debris from the yard like the gas mower did (I bag the clippings). This means more raking for me. Luckily, living in North Florida, there isn't a whole lot of raking to be done. I will see if this aspects bugs me or not over the long run.

yea i agree with you, especially if you have a small yard, it defiantly has its role, Protool and I were discuss ego on the chat last night, they do have some really cool stuff!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richwoodrocket said:

How's that edger work on there? I have the same one, which I use on my husqvarna power head. There are times when it bogs down a lot, which makes me wonder how an electric does with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used it for the first time on Sunday. The edger blade was new (square ends), edger new, and the yard/driveway had not been edged in years (I've owned the house since January). I set the depth of cut to be roughly 1" deep to avoid bog down as much as possible and get an edge to form on the yard. I will say my yard has a higher than normal water table and the rich soil is always moist and thick. I definitely bogged the Ryobi down quite a few times. I even triggered the shutdown circuit 3 times when doing the yard due to overload. Pull the trigger and back to life it spins. I also had to clean out the shroud as it got filled with wet soil and dragged the blade of the edger.

Overall, I was very pleased with the performance of the Ryobi with the edger. I chose the edger attachment with the 7.5" blade over the 9" blade of others as it was less rotating mass for the electric motor to keep going. Since electric motors have fantastic torque, the edger performed beautifully, better than I expected. It is only going to get easier to use as I get the edge on my yard to stick.