Typical

phffter

Beautiful day today. Went out to my back 40, to clear out and reorganize the shed. Strung out (3) 50' 12 /3 cords to power some tunes. (corded unit sounds way better than my 18V Ridgid). Decided to make some impromptu shelving by using some cleats and zip screwing them to the structure.

Typical........... 18v Ridgid, died after 3 screws. Battery I retrieved after walking back and forth 200' each way............. was dead. (older unit, no 'strength' leds) Walked the walk again. 12v Milwaukee bandsaw. Died after 4 cuts.

Typical. I dragged my corded magnum and a corded deep bandsaw out to the back. Finished the minor job with corded tools.

I dont see how you guys rely on batteries.

ya sounds like u need the bigger batterys atleast 4.0 the 5 would work way better tho (obviously). u should have been able to get that done with 1 battery... the saws do drain them faster but should have made it. sounds like a frustrating day in the back 40. hate that!

and I know I had issues with batteries coming from tti so u could have got some messed up ones. do they happen to be under warranty still? I didn't know mine were until they told me when I was buyin new ones I got some new ones free it took the sting out of my failing batterys a lil bit

I charge my batteries when I am done using the tool. My spares are always full. They don't have memory anymore so draining them to dead doesn't help anything. I have read a few articles that say charging more frequently actually helps on lithium batteries.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, phffter said:

Lith.

i don't throw a battery into a charger until it s dead.

That's the problem, lithium doesn't like to be discharged fully. It really only likes being fully charged, to extend the life you want to keep them fully charged as often as possible. Same with your phone/tablet and laptop. Lithium doesn't have "memory" so you'll never want to fully discharge to "reset" the battery. I know, it goes against every thing we knew about batteries but that's lithium.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phffter said:

Lith.

i don't throw a battery into a charger until it s dead.

That's a bad idea with Lion packs if it ever self discharges below the cut off volts per cell it will brick the battery. Makita had a big problem with it on early LXT packs.

• Like 2

it is the exact opposite of what we learned.. but when these lith cells die it damages them. think that is y my dad has prob all the time I cant break him of that... they should educate a lil more.. with my lith rc batteries if they aren't properly cared for they catch fire and burn incredibly hot. same thing with those damn boards that keep burning up. diff ball game with this extra power. good luck to u hope u can get the prob fig out and join us on the quest to cut the cord lol.. well until its needed again gotta charge them that way lol.. corded saws are the way to go but when u have to run as much cord as u did that is a pain the the behind..

While putzing around in garage, I just top off my batteries... And never let them die.

just something to do .......

I actually took down a tree with my 20v DeWALT saws all with 1 battery, granted it was only 6" around, but still a tree...... I am very impressed by longevity

• Like 1