Please help me find

Foneguy

Crew ....

i am trying to find a chuck for my 20V DeWALT 1/2" drive impact.

it has the square 1/2" drive with locking detent pin. 

I would like to get an SDS chuck that will snap on to the tool & be able to use SDS bits when needed.

Does one even exist ?

since I already have the tool, I thought this would be a nice option for those rare larger drilling needs.

Thanks in advance for all the help .....

Never seen such a thing,and an impact wrench isnt really designed for drilling.

closest thing i see is:   http://www.handsontools.com/Ajax-1012-12-Impact-Wrench-Chuck_p_3687.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwrte4BRD-oYi3y5_AhZ4BEiQAzIFxn9V12SqWVYOMpa3-Sjlm3HAWuWms1bQ1qocV8_E2ai4aAp0Q8P8HAQ

It looks cheap as hell. i wouldnt waste time with it,just geta hammerdrill or a SDS drill to go with yourDewalt stuff. Hard to beat a real rotary hammer for doing masonry/concrete work.

Thanks Fazz for the quick response.

thats kinda what I figured , just thought it would be a nice option to have ......just in case.... I kinda figured that there was a reason I couldn't find one .....

oh well, I will just have to wait until the need arises, then buy a roto hammer  

?????

• Like 1

Since you dont use a roto hammer often it sounds like Id go with a corded one. Unless you can find a good deal on a Dewalt 20v bare tool since you have batteries already.

I have a corded Bosch 1" bulldog extreme sds plus and its really good,they make much larger ones but the price is more substantial too.

A hammerdrill can be used for smaller masonry jobs just fine.

I doubt you really want to drill in masonry with a rotary hammer, especially in the bit sizes that you're likely to get in SDS and not straight shank.  It's worth mentioning also that you can put SDS bits in a three jaw chuck which is a bit off center but manageably so.

Drilling timbers on the other hand is a pretty good use for an impact wrench.  Almost any bit you're using for that will have a 7/16 quick connect shank so you can use an adapter like these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KZAO22W/

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009H5EPA/

if you don't think you will use it often, just rent one when the time comes. Chances are it will be for a few holes anyway if not then buy a proper SDS then. By the time you mess around with the needed adapters (if you even find them) you probably won't like how it drills anyway. I like your thinking but I doubt the companies do....

Yeah, I gave up. At the time it seemed like a good idea. I have a buddy that has a nice older one that I have borrowed in the past. ........ And I still have my "yellow" hammer drill that always serves me well .....

Thanks for he help guys !!!!

3 hours ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Nobody gives up, we only accept the truths as we discover them. And the truth is, in this case, you knew that your idea was never going to work, you just needed our guidance to help you understand it. Now you shall attain an SDS monster and you shall reclaim the concrete you stand on. HAHA

YES !!!!! YES !!!!  I SAY ....... IT WILL BE MINE ........

• Like 3

The impact wrench doesn't hammer, so how could it drill with sds bits. ..?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. Rotary hammers or hammer drill impact the in the direction of the length of the bit while impact drivers impact in a circular motion in which the bit turns.

• Like 1