Troops reporting for Duty

99_XC600

As I'm finishing up a couple of projects around the house. I desperately needed to round everything up and put everything away and organize everything. As I was collecting the horde, I figure I would post a glamour shot of the Porter Cable tools that I have and let them represent the other Porter Cable fans we have out there.

We have the fan base of Team Red, Team Yellow and Team Green but don't forget about team Grey and Black or whatever color scheme they are trying to establish!. LOL

B87A0685-82D4-44AF-95FF-569DD6C220E2_zps

• Like 11

Thanks!

For the most part I'm satisfied with the PC lineup. My only gripe is that the offering is stagnant. In comparison with Milwaukee and Dewalt that they offer multiple versiions of tools within the same battery platform. With PC it's essentially that one tool and that's it with no updates or expansion. 

I went into Lowes the other day hoping too see the box but nothing yet. 

The 52" Husky is just about full. I've been thinking about grabbing a couple of the workbenches for additional storage. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting bro,as many know I like Porter Cable.  When i bought my first porter cable cordless drill around 15 years ago or so itwas a great drill for  what i needed it for. It was 12v if I remember right and it came with 2.0 nicad batteries at the time.

That thing was a beast for its day,one time it fell off of a 12'  ladder bounced a few times on the concrete shop floor. To my surprise it still worked. When it died i had a hard  time finding a PC drill that was as good. so it got upgraded to a  Dewalt 14v. 

Its been at least 5 or 6 years since I owned any dewalt cordless. I had one of the first lithium battery Dewalt compact drills for a while but it died. Thats when i started getting the PC 20v line. The line getting brushless im not keeping my hopes up for that,considering how long it took them to get a hammer drill in this line. Its not like they dont have the ability,being part of the B&D family, I think most of their emphasis is focused on improving the Dewalt tech to keep a competitive edge. Judging by the new Dewalt gen 2 stuff it seemslike they are doing nicely.

There is still a number of PC stuff im planning to get in time. I really like my PC corded circular saw,its a 15 amp beast.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the new PC toolbox today, I'm less thrilled with it now...It does have two handles in the lid, they're cupped handles. The thing that disappointed me was the thinness of the drawer bottoms, I was expecting it to be a little more robust. The work space is at a decent height and has some useful lines and measurements on the top, it also locks open. To close the work space you pull to lever releases in the track, they're the same levers you'd use to pull the drawer out.

No price marked on it or any of the toolboxes other than Kobalt.

• Like 1

I saw the new PC toolbox today, I'm less thrilled with it now...It does have two handles in the lid, they're cupped handles. The thing that disappointed me was the thinness of the drawer bottoms, I was expecting it to be a little more robust. The work space is at a decent height and has some useful lines and measurements on the top, it also locks open. To close the work space you pull to lever releases in the track, they're the same levers you'd use to pull the drawer out.

No price marked on it or any of the toolboxes other than Kobalt.

Yea it was an okay looking box, nothing too special about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I'd buy an HF box before that

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. For those that don't know the HF toolboxes are not typical HF quality. HF tool boxes are some of the best tool boxes you can get from the common stores(Sears, HD, Lowe's)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BMack37 said:

Agreed. For those that don't know the HF toolboxes are not typical HF quality. HF tool boxes are some of the best tool boxes you can get from the common stores(Sears, HD, Lowe's)

Husky are nice, but in all honesty, there are far more options in the HF brand of boxes or even Masterforce are very nice boxes.

• Like 1

Hopefully gonna be adding the milwaukee to my husky box this Black Friday if they have deals again :} 

Pretty sure I saw someone post a pic with the price of $250 on the top and bottom each. Making it a decent deal. None at my Lowes to give an honest opinion though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk