What are your Favorite Gadgets and Gizmos

PutnamEco

What gadgets and gizmos do you have that makes your life easier? I'm thinking about those little items that cost around $20 (£ 12) that seem to be worth more because of how much easier they let you do something or those things that are just fun to use.

I'll start with one I really like. Spring Tools Nailsets. I use mine all the time on a lot of different jobs. One of their line I find particularly useful is their 48R05-1 pin punch, used to drive hinge pins from hinges when you don't want to take the chance of nicking or scratching a door or door frame with a hammer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was forever cussing the feeble tip on my tape measures. Damned things wouldn't catch and hold on anything. Then I found the Grip Tip. It's about 1-3/8 inches (35mm) in diameter and snaps onto the existing tips of most tape measures. It slides on and twists off (but you'll probably never want to remove it. It is make of die formed steel and has it's outer edge curled back like a shallow bottle cap with teeth all the way around the edge.  You can google "Grip Tip" online and probably still buy them 2 for $3.

Construction calculator: click

Construction Master app: click

½" Channel Locks: click (love these)

DeWalt Right Angle Adapter: click

Self-centering tape: click ($5 at Home Depot)

Retractable straps: click

eGear keyring flashlight: click

Gerber Dime: click

Stabilla Pocket Level: click

Franklin stud finder: click

DeWAlt 12v Flashlight: click (awesome)

I use 4-1/2 Channellocks all the time for something.

The Franklin Stud finder is awesome. I've wanted one forever, never got around to getting one though.

I use the Hanson magnetic stud finder. Works great, costs $5. I'd rather have the Hanson though.

My m12 non-power tools are life savers, they get used very frequently and are a big hit in my household.

M12 led flashlight

M12 radio

M12 power source

M12 jacket (also gives off visible light in a completely dark room in medium and low setting, obviously not a replacement for a flashlight but enough light to see where your going)

Also like my rigid 25' 12gauge extension cord. Has 3 outlets one at approx every 8 ft and the outlets have led's making it a makeshift outlet tester

• 2 weeks later...

My m12 non-power tools are life savers, they get used very frequently and are a big hit in my household.

M12 led flashlight

M12 radio

M12 power source

M12 jacket (also gives off visible light in a completely dark room in medium and low setting, obviously not a replacement for a flashlight but enough light to see where your going)

Also like my rigid 25' 12gauge extension cord. Has 3 outlets one at approx every 8 ft and the outlets have led's making it a makeshift outlet tester

Do we just buy the same stuff Javier? I have all of that even down to the Ridgid extension cord. I love the fact that it has 3 outlets. I plug in the miter saw at the end and the other plugs have chargers on them.