Hackzall Comparison

JimboS1ice

Great video Jimbo. I am talking my dad into buying the Fuel Hackzall as we speak to get the free 4.0 battery. I ordered the M12 Fuel circular saw last night from Ohio Power Tool to get the free 4.0 pack. Can't beat that deal, $149. They also have the M12 Fuel Hackzall bare tool with free battery for $139

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great video Jimbo. I am talking my dad into buying the Fuel Hackzall as we speak to get the free 4.0 battery. I ordered the M12 Fuel circular saw last night from Ohio Power Tool to get the free 4.0 pack. Can't beat that deal, $149. They also have the M12 Fuel Hackzall bare tool with free battery for $139

Let me know how you like the circ, I'm thinking about it to keep on my kreg sled

• Like 1

Awsome vijeo! Its almost like you read my mind because i was looking on YouTube for the direct comparison and only TIA had a brief comparison but yours sums it up. Dude im going to vote for you to win that Amazon 100 bucks but please, please pick up a jaw horse because the b&d..... You get what I'm saying?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Let me know how you like the circ, I'm thinking about it to keep on my kreg sled

Will do. I live 2.5 hrs from Columbus and I considered driving down to pick it up I am so impatient! Haha hopefully I will get it at the beginning of next week. I just need something to cut 2x and plywood here and there. I use my table saw or miter for 99% of my cuts.

Will do. I live 2.5 hrs from Columbus and I considered driving down to pick it up I am so impatient! Haha hopefully I will get it at the beginning of next week. I just need something to cut 2x and plywood here and there. I use my table saw or miter for 99% of my cuts.

Yea that's what I want it for is cutting ply for wood working

I was leaning towards the 6.5 M18 but I couldn't pass up the free battery. I will cut some plywood and see how it does. If I had a tripod I would shoot a video, I will see if my wife will help.

• Like 1

Any thoughts on how the M12 Fuel Hackzall compares to the M18 hackzall? I posted a thread recently with issues on my M18. If that goes south and I'm looking to replace it, I'm curious if the M12 fuel would be a better choice... Or maybe Milwaukee will put out a M18 Fuel at some point, then there would be no choice. ;)

4 minutes ago, Daniel Julian said:

Any thoughts on how the M12 Fuel Hackzall compares to the M18 hackzall? I posted a thread recently with issues on my M18. If that goes south and I'm looking to replace it, I'm curious if the M12 fuel would be a better choice... Or maybe Milwaukee will put out a M18 Fuel at some point, then there would be no choice. ;)

Ive never used the m18 version... however it has a 3/4" stroke length @ 3000 spm.  Same stats as the m12 fuel so what it comes down to is the motor itself and the ability to have 18v batteries.  But the m12 would be more efficient with the energy its provided as well.  If you can't get it sorted out it wouldn't be a bad option for you.

11 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Lesson here...........................

Hacksaw for pipe................................

Sawzall for wood................................

Good video Jimbo, it really shows the reality.

You can get these in spots you could even dream of getting a sawzall in

• Like 2

My brushed gets used all the time. No it doesn't have the balls that my Super Sawzall has but all I need is it and a 4.0 (or whatever) and I'm good to go. I've thought about a Fuel but the lil guy has never let me down and can get in places others can't. The handle ergonomics also make it great for cutting PVC or ACWU when doing undergrounds or dealing with service stuff. The M18 D-handle Fuel is a monster but it's crap for everything but demo or hacking out large parts.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I've got the 12v Bosch which as for form factor is nearly the same unit and I love it. I grab it now before the 18v just because it is so much easier to handle and maneuver in tighter quarters. Nice Jimbo!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dwain said:

Nice one Jimbo. I'll be doing a M12 FUEL vs M18 Hackzall comparison in a month or two. And another comparing the M18 Hackzall to the new Bosch Sabre saw (copy of the Hackzall)

First off, thank you sir!!

Someone wanted to see the m12 Fuel v M18 Hackzall, that'll be a good one!

Also, that little bosch Id love to see the innards, I don't expect you to take the tools apart but that bosch looks identical to the m12 brushed, love to get my hands on that one!

the 12 v Milwaukee and Bosch look so much alike, but I was on a job where the carpenters there have Bosch cordless tools, and they had their hackzall out and I just held it and ran it in my hands and the pulled out my m12 hackzall. The bosch is a little slimmer in the grip, the battery must be slightly smaller to allow that. Another odd thing I noticed, is the m12 starts up right away, with no ramp up, then when you release the trigger is slows to a stop on its own. The Bosch will ramp up and when you release the trigger, it stops dead right away. Safety in mind maybe? 

41 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

the 12 v Milwaukee and Bosch look so much alike, but I was on a job where the carpenters there have Bosch cordless tools, and they had their hackzall out and I just held it and ran it in my hands and the pulled out my m12 hackzall. The bosch is a little slimmer in the grip, the battery must be slightly smaller to allow that. Another odd thing I noticed, is the m12 starts up right away, with no ramp up, then when you release the trigger is slows to a stop on its own. The Bosch will ramp up and when you release the trigger, it stops dead right away. Safety in mind maybe? 

That's not much of a safety concern with a sawzall cause they stop pretty quickly on their own.  The soft start is a big deal though because recip saws tend to twist when they start and can throw off the cut.  I'm surprised Milwaukee didn't put that in too although the fuel might have it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

That's not much of a safety concern with a sawzall cause they stop pretty quickly on their own.  The soft start is a big deal though because recip saws tend to twist when they start and can throw off the cut.  I'm surprised Milwaukee didn't put that in too although the fuel might have it.

hmmm ill have to look at this now

I'm hacking your hackzall thread jimbo haha because you didn't unbox it on video, and I just now got a chance to get mine out and thought I'd show it. But I'm such an idiot I realized its in portrait mode! I'll probably take it down after awhile I'm so embarrassed. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2