Drill Revamps

TheMarauder

It looks like Bosch is outfitting their new drills with metal chucks now.

The model number for this is the DDS181A-02.  If you are familiar with Bosch,

you know that there is a DDS181 already (with a plastic chuck).  

I can only assume that the same modifications will be made to the Brushless model which is currently the DDS182.

Sadly it does't look like the new Brute model is out yet but I can assume it will come later this year.  Can't wait to get my hands on this :)

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-DDS181A-02-Compact-SlimPack-Batteries/dp/B01CQP9QBA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1461371945&sr=8-8&keywords=bosch+drill
815xKzNOTHL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

In Australia at least it appears that:

- compact brushed drills updated, still with plastic chucks

- compact brushless drills updated with metal chuck (and back to the better grip)

- premium brushed drill updated to a brushless drill.

oztooltalk will be showing both versions of the brushless compact (hammer and non-hammer) in our upcoming compact drill comparison.

• Like 1

I like the plastic chuck on my bosch

Other than the metal being able to take more abuse, I really don't have an issue with the plastic chucks. I have both and zero complaints here.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Other than the metal being able to take more abuse, I really don't have an issue with the plastic chucks. I have both and zero complaints here.

I don't remember the last time I actually heard of a plastic Chuck being broke. Something that was said in a TIA vid was that the plastic Chuck's will normally be softer than the material you are working with and won't Mar it in close quarter situations.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't remember the last time I actually heard of a plastic Chuck being broke. Something that was said in a TIA vid was that the plastic Chuck's will normally be softer than the material you are working with and won't Mar it in close quarter situations.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've never had one break either, a few nicks and gouges from being careless but still works like a champ.

7 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Do you already have the heavy duty brushless unit in Australia dwain ?

i saw a new unit in the shops, will the new black chuck. i didn't notice whether it was brushless or not actually...

• Like 1