Milwaukee brushed M18 hammer drill vs HF corded

Dano123

I was planning to do video comparing the M18 brushed vs M12 Fuel vs HF corded hammer drills doing 1/2" holes in concrete, but today I had to drill a few and I tried to use my M18. It was barely able to drill one and I had to grab my corded hf hammer drill to finish. It did a great job and went right through the concrete. It is the Chicago Electric maroon hammer drill that I paid less than $30 for with a coupon. Great drill for someone who only needs to drill a few holes in concrete here and there. I wouldn't recommend it for daily use though, I doubt it would hold up very well. Perfect for a home owner that has a project and can't justify buying a name brand.

There is no point in doing the video now, I don't have the patience to attempt to use either Milwaukee cordless drills to do the rest of the 1/2" holes I need to drill for my Red Head anchors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I borrowed a friends Hilti when I fixed my steps. That thing is awesome! My front porch steps cracked in the middle and one side sunk about 1.5". I got three 4x4x1/2" piece is angle and installed 2 Red Head anchors on each side of the crack. I tightened the bolts slowly and it pulled them right back up. I put a few bricks and concrete under them and hammered the anchors flush and it has been good for a couple years now. Everyone though I was crazy doing it that way, but it worked great

• Like 1

Perfect for a home owner that has a project and can't justify buying a name brand.

Along those lines, I have had the HF SDS rotary hammer for a few years and that thing will really eat some concrete. If I have like 3/8" or smaller to do, it's Gen 2 Fuel all the way, but anything bigger I pull out the HF.

I actually raced my plumber drilling through my 4" foundation with a $800 Hilti, and he poked through maybe a second before I did. Of course his Hilti was lighter, easier to handle, and will last much longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Along those lines, I have had the HF SDS rotary hammer for a few years and that thing will really eat some concrete. If I have like 3/8" or smaller to do, it's Gen 2 Fuel all the way, but anything bigger I pull out the HF.

I actually raced my plumber drilling through my 4" foundation with a $800 Hilti, and he poked through maybe a second before I did. Of course his Hilti was lighter, easier to handle, and will last much longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Wait your foundation is only 4" thick?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

funny my first gen fuel hammer drill, blew through 5/8" holes in my concrete slab like butter when I was drilling red eye anchor holes. I had 10 posts on each side with 4 anchors on each and drilled each hole in just seconds mind you I was only drilling about 2 1/2" deep.