OMT Blades! Redonkulous deal.

Hugh Jass

Guys this is the sickest deal in all of the internet. I just bought the 20v Dewalt Multi-Tool (had the Dremel corded Multi tool, it's a POS and Dremel's blades aren't any better and are expensive, and proprietary in design so you're screwed in the aftermarket) and searched around for blades and found this: 

http://www.amazon.com/Integra-Platinum-Blades-Oscillating-Multimaster/dp/B01DRV3DKM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

No lie the best deal I've ever seen. That's $1.35 per blade! OMT blades are EXPENSIVE, Dewalt for instance wants about $5-$6 a blade...this kit is so cheap it seems like a mistake. It literally almost paid for my tool upgrade kit going this route, saved about $150 and my kit cost $179. I tested 2 blades today to see about performance and I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality of these Integra blades, which fit a large number of Multi-Tools. Great variety and some of wood blades included with this also have the most aggressive teeth I've ever seen for a multi-tool, massive upgrade from Dremel's blades which barely have teeth at all. They ship in plastic expandable adjustable height detent containers which is really cool too, wasn't expecting that.

Put this in your MUST BUY list and jump on it before it's too late if you have an OMT (NOT Dremel). I probably bought enough to last me the year and I'm having a hard time not buying again. 

After more use I'll post back here for an update on wear rate and breakage rate. But at this price, I could break one every day and still save a bundle of cash in the long run. Can't go wrong! 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Looks like it won't fit the dremels with the toolless change maybe

Yep, that's why I jumped ship and got the 20v Dewalt. The Dremel was a...well, parting gift from an old employer let's say to settle a debt, and I was getting robbed of my money buying blades to fit it. 

Jumped ship, bought a crap ton supply of blades, long term cost out of pocket...$29 on the first round. By the time I buy again, saving about $100, buy again, saving about $212, and then $325, and so on. Hopefully the deal stays long enough for it to go that long. 

• Like 3

I've bought a ton of cheap blades myself and there as good as what dewalt and other brands charge 4 times the price for. Only thing I find with the cheaper ones is the actual collar or whatever its called that locks into the dewalt multi tool tends to break off in bits but still the blades are functional. I've also bought expensive ones and find them to go blunt just as quick as the cheap ones but there collar won't break. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, wanted to thank you for the tip Fat-ass, er I mean, @Hugh Jass;D

Jumped on that deal and just tried out one of the blades making a mounting base for my Kreg K5 setup. Worked like a charm! That reminds me, I should probably post up some pics in the "What did you buy" thread.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, wildroamer said:

Hey, wanted to thank you for the tip Fat-ass, er I mean, @Hugh Jass;D

Jumped on that deal and just tried out one of the blades making a mounting base for my Kreg K5 setup. Worked like a charm! That reminds me, I should probably post up some pics in the "What did you buy" thread.

Yep, glad you got on it! To report back thus far the blades are of superior quality and retain sharpness longer than my Dremel blades. I've abused one cutting cabinet shims against porcelain tile on two kitchens, cut all my cabinet penetrations, probably 50Lft of drywall cuts, and a few PT 2x4 cross cuts, and the blade shows no indication of wear. I pushed on the blade hard enough to flex it about 20 degrees while running the tool wide open and it didn't break or show any signs of permanent deflection. 

I'm very pleased, they're delivering. 

• Like 1

Wow, very good to hear! After seeing that video of the blade shootout between Dewalt and a couple others I was figuring these would be budget blades that wouldn't hold up, but would still be worth it for so cheap. Glad they are performers!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    garikb
    Newest Member
    garikb