Dormer roof window I done this week

Turner85

44 minutes ago, kruton said:

Very cool man. What material is that you are roofing with?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Which material are you referring too. The fabric is it?. If so it's a breathable waterproof membrane. 

18 minutes ago, kruton said:

I guess what I would call the shingles

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

They are a roof tile made from sand and cement. Hugely popular here in Ireland, come in various shapes, sizes and colours,they were originally red but weathered to a browny grey colour. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turner85 said:

They are a roof tile made from sand and cement. Hugely popular here in Ireland, come in various shapes, sizes and colours,they were originally red but weathered to a browny grey colour. 

Are they expensive Turner? They look gorgeous. When I was visiting my parent in Florida, a lot of the houses have the red tile roof shakes but my dad was saying they aren't too practice as they are hugely expensive and break easily. Those tiles look awesome.

7 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Are they expensive Turner? They look gorgeous. When I was visiting my parent in Florida, a lot of the houses have the red tile roof shakes but my dad was saying they aren't too practice as they are hugely expensive and break easily. Those tiles look awesome.

New they would be relatively cheap but when buying old to match in with existing roof they can cost about €3 per tile. Same goes for old bricks over here in Ireland there dearer than new

3 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Great work, I am a fan of the roof tiles, houses have to be built to support that load though.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, I seen a job that guys done before without the proper roof supports in place, they loaded out the roof with tiles and it pushed the block walls over 

6 hours ago, Turner85 said:

True, I seen a job that guys done before without the proper roof supports in place, they loaded out the roof with tiles and it pushed the block walls over 

Yes, people don't always think about the load bearing capabilities of the structure, most houses aren't built to support heavy tile roofs like that, but when they do I've always been a fan.

5 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Excellent, I approve!! Is this the kind of work you do on average @Turner85 ?

Yes pretty much. I tend be more involved in upgrading to existing homes rather than new builds and I have some experience in just about everything. The only thing that won't be done by me on this job is the sand and cement render

• Like 2