What is this ratchet called?

stevej

Give me a few bucks, I'll send you mine. I have absolutely never used it. Never. I can't even see where it'd be handy, it's a little on the large side, at least mine is. It's a 1/2" drive, and I can't think of anywhere I'd be able to get it into that a regular ratchet or ratcheting wrench wouldn't fit. Works pretty darned good, ratchets great and seems to be pretty beefy for when you want to put a little strength into it.

Me, I doubt I'll ever do anything with it.

Sears sells both the Sidewinder and the Wellforce versions, as well as a QualConnect version (never heard of them). On the Sears site they're all kinda on the expensive side, you can find them cheaper on eBay or Amazon.

• Like 2

That's interesting looking, tad gimicky though but I'm sure would be easier on your hands

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: my concern would be handle clearence, just get the m12 ratchet and that virtually 0 strain on your hands

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same principle as the rotator ratchets designed by Facom.  They come in handy with oil filter and cartridge wrenches where you don't  have a lot of room to swing the ratchet.  Just rotate ("throttle") the handle to spin the square drive.  There's a video online of the tool in use. Stanley also has a version of these ratchets. 

56 minutes ago, ultgar said:

Same principle as the rotator ratchets designed by Facom.  They come in handy with oil filter and cartridge wrenches where you don't  have a lot of room to swing the ratchet.  Just rotate ("throttle") the handle to spin the square drive.  There's a video online of the tool in use. Stanley also has a version of these ratchets. 

Jeez, Steve, welcome aboard. Didn't know you liked slumming in this place! LOL

29 minutes ago, BK13 said:

Jeez, Steve, welcome aboard. Didn't know you liked slumming in this place! LOL

Just found this group today. I think the guys here actually use their tools.  The garage journal is filled with tool polisher's and collectors.