Shop Your Way points thread

BMack37

Somebody please help me ....

i have points ... and then magically about 3 times a week I have "surprise" points.

whenever I go to use them, I can't find them..... there is never a use points button that I can find .....

What am I doing wrong ..... I know some of you guys are brilliant when it comes to this 

The surprise points are typically for either Sears or Kmart and have requirements for how much you have to spend or what type of items you need to buy.

When I get in front of a computer I can get screenshots to show you were to find the details. All points are applied at checkout, you apply however many points you want and I believe it automatically applies surprise points when you meet their criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jtkendall said:

The surprise points are typically for either Sears or Kmart and have requirements for how much you have to spend or what type of items you need to buy.

When I get in front of a computer I can get screenshots to show you were to find the details. All points are applied at checkout, you apply however many points you want and I believe it automatically applies surprise points when you meet their criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CC: @Foneguy

This is 100% accurate. You can limit search to Sears or Kmart and then surprise points should work. They almost always have limitations, such as "For clothing" or "Sporting goods" I was generating "$10 off $20 for tools" for months, that was amazing. Easily added 30+ Knipex to my collection because of that.

Keep in mind that sellers on Sears/Kmart sites may have cheaper pricing, to really get good deals you need to find something you want and check the price online at Amazon/ebay and/or other sellers.

Honestly, as much as this thread seems like SYW points earning is a lot of time invested, most of my time is invested in making sure I get a great initial price on the thing I'm using the points on. I try to use it on sale items but some sale items are not applicable to surprise points.

Thank for the help guys ... but even when I follow the specifics, Kmart or sears .. tools only ... over a certain amount ... I never get the option to use points at checkout ...... that's where I get lost 

2 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Filter search result to redeem points

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

Did this .... followed directions .. no bueno ...... maybe a customer service call ....?

12 hours ago, Foneguy said:

Somebody please help me ....

i have points ... and then magically about 3 times a week I have "surprise" points.

whenever I go to use them, I can't find them..... there is never a use points button that I can find .....

What am I doing wrong ..... I know some of you guys are brilliant when it comes to this 

Uggh yeah I got lost on this 5 minutes into the app.. it's a lot of time like Bmack said.. I would like to understand the system better but man it just seems like the endless rabbit hole, and I get lost figuring it out and give up...

59 minutes ago, Foneguy said:

Thank for the help guys ... but even when I follow the specifics, Kmart or sears .. tools only ... over a certain amount ... I never get the option to use points at checkout ...... that's where I get lost 

Right now I have 15,000 surprise points valid on a Lawn and Garden purchase over $75, so I selected an item and added it to my cart.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 8.26.24 PM.png

When I proceed to checkout is where points can be applied on the Payment screen. I have to click the "Apply Points" button and then it'll update to show the discount. This item has free shipping, but on others I've had to pay for it which usually means my points only pay for shipping and save me nothing on the actual item. I assume this is similar on Kmart however I only have bought items from the Sears site.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 8.26.59 PM.png

• Like 2

@Foneguy does your cart look like Josh's in the above image? if not can you post a screenshot?

Also if you go to checkout, then select shipping and hit continue...you will get to the Payment & Billing age. On the left under "Payment & Billing'' you will see that same box as in Josh's post, you can apply points there.

7 hours ago, BMack37 said:

@Foneguy does your cart look like Josh's in the above image? if not can you post a screenshot?

Also if you go to checkout, then select shipping and hit continue...you will get to the Payment & Billing age. On the left under "Payment & Billing'' you will see that same box as in Josh's post, you can apply points there.

I'll have to get a screen shot next time ...

i never get the add points screen / tab / option ... nothing ..... 

just like @KnarlyCarl said, I get frustrated and just give up .......

if I get time later on today I will try again ....maybe the "Surprise" is ..... HAH .. no points SUCKA !!!!???

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I guess I understand but what's the point of ever shopping there then?

Amazon does third part sellers but it's not that crazy (with similar items)

Sears and Kmart. There are some reasonable third party sellers like Amazon that you can earn points but that's not really what this thread is about. This thread is about using the system to get cheap tools. No Milwaukee at Sears :(

This is showing as a doorbuster, you should get $5 in points PLUS anything you may win during the "game". You might have to do this on a computer, also HURRY it is limited and can end any time http://www.shopyourway.com/app/2/l/instantwin/5-win-1000-instant-win-game/43468

This was good for $0.25, I think it resets everyday: http://www.shopyourway.com/app/16250/l?lid=Sweeps_PlayNow

Today only(supposedly) Sears has 14% cash back! Great time to use points! Remember the 14% is on the total, not the cash out of pocket. So if you buy something that is $100 with $100 worth of SYW points and coupons, you will get the $14. You will get PAID to get something for free!

• 1 month later...
Looks rather bleak after the announcement about Sears/Kmart earlier...the majority of Knipex have been removed. Witte is gone. [emoji20]

That's a bummer I haven't done much in a while with it it was starting to not reward me much gave up around Christmas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Looks rather bleak after the announcement about Sears/Kmart earlier...the majority of Knipex have been removed. Witte is gone. :(

What's going on with Sears? I'm still waiting on three Witte screwdrivers I ordered on the 10th and they are still as of this afternoon looking into the issue and I currently have $14 in points that I need to spend.

55 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

What's going on with Sears? I'm still waiting on three Witte screwdrivers I ordered on the 10th and they are still as of this afternoon looking into the issue and I currently have $14 in points that I need to spend.

Same here, waiting on my set to ship. Ordered something yesterday and it already shipped...still waiting for my order from 3/12.

Here's the article: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2017/03/21/sears-says-substantial-doubt-can-stay-business/99479726/

"Sears and Kmart owner says 'substantial doubt' it can stay in business"

"Sears said that if it continues to experience operating losses and is unable to generate additional liquidity it may not be able to access additional funds under its credit agreement or be able to afford to pay for inventory to stock its stores or pay for other services it needs to operate.
Even as Sears was cutting costs in February, new doubts were being raised about its future. The company's retail store sales decline was the worst among the top 250 retailers tracked by eMarketer as of November."

10 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

That's a bummer I haven't done much in a while with it it was starting to not reward me much gave up around Christmas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not worth it unless you get coupons and/or you find a way to do it really efficient. It took some time for me to figure it out but it's been well worth it. I spend more time on this forum every time I visit than it takes me everyday to earn points, and that time spent is time I'm watching tv and not really paying attention to what I'm doing on the computer/phone. I swear, my average cost of all my Knipex items combined is under $10 a piece average because of mostly SYW and in small part to Amazon warehouse. Will be sad to see it go, though I've been lucky to get started when I did...wish I got into it long before.

I need to find some other programs like this. My friend makes a lot of rewards from office depot or staples (I can't remember), he makes enough that sometimes he buys me stuff (like label maker labels) just to use his points.

Sears cancelled my Witte order and are apparently refunding my points/money. Now I get to play "what supplier hasn't pulled stock yet" because I refuse to waste the points. That's fine though, I'd rather give @KC_Tool business than Sears anyway. Of course Sears emailed me from a no-reply account so I can't tell them how I feel about this 17 day wait BS they call customer service.

3 hours ago, jtkendall said:

Sears cancelled my Witte order and are apparently refunding my points/money. Now I get to play "what supplier hasn't pulled stock yet" because I refuse to waste the points. That's fine though, I'd rather give @KC_Tool business than Sears anyway. Of course Sears emailed me from a no-reply account so I can't tell them how I feel about this 17 day wait BS they call customer service.

Same here but I had already contacted them and got my refund, my points and they gave me the points the coupon was good for. Right now I have $5 coupons on both accounts and a $4 off $25 coupon so it works out but I did kinda want the Witte screwdrivers.

On 1/26/2017 at 7:34 PM, jtkendall said:

Right now I have 15,000 surprise points valid on a Lawn and Garden purchase over $75, so I selected an item and added it to my cart.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 8.26.24 PM.png

When I proceed to checkout is where points can be applied on the Payment screen. I have to click the "Apply Points" button and then it'll update to show the discount. This item has free shipping, but on others I've had to pay for it which usually means my points only pay for shipping and save me nothing on the actual item. I assume this is similar on Kmart however I only have bought items from the Sears site.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 8.26.59 PM.png

Wow that has an engine from a respectable manufacturer. I would've figured they would've switched to a no name brand by now. Looks like a good find.

So this made me laugh a lot. So I ordered the Witte screwdriver set using a few bucks out of pocket, a $22 coupon and some SYW points, no shipping update for about three weeks. I finally contact Sears to complain, they no longer have the item available so they refund me my out-of-pocket and SYW points, took some arm twisting but they gave me $22 SYW points to make up for the lost coupon. So I'm already ahead, I can now use a coupon on top of the $22 coupon, cool. The next day I get an email from Sears, unable to fulfill order blah blah, odd, we already settled this. Well they refunded me AGAIN. So I got all my SYW points I used back twice. Ok, double win. Then today comes, I get a package I wasn't expecting of the screwdrivers I ordered! If this was any other company I'd contact them but I'm happily bleeding Sears dry one order at a time.

Check your mailbox @jtkendall, hope you get a surprise too!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Moonspell
    Newest Member
    Moonspell