Bosch or Dewalt table saw

rrich1

Congrats on the saw. I think your going to be pretty happy. The mobile base on that is actually pretty sweet and I think if woodworking is your thing and it kind of sounds like it your going to be much happier with this one.

I got it mostly set up before I had to come to work, I'll run home and snag a quick pick. I was trying to get the base to go Mobil and it was being finicky. I don't think I had the wheel the right way. I was in a hurry to get into uniform so probably my fault.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I really do love that saw, its pretty much an entry level cabinet saw with the size of the table even though they call it a contractors saw.

I agree. Made it a no brainer if I was already spending the money on the bosch. This will allow me to roll it into the corner while no in use.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rrich1 said:

I'm working on it got it mostly done before work.

Also working on how to multi quote from Tapatalk. Lol

i think its either the to right corner or if you long tap a post you can select multi quote, i know its one of the 2 off the top of my head.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2016 at 6:11 PM, JimboS1ice said:

I really do love that saw, its pretty much an entry level cabinet saw with the size of the table even though they call it a contractors saw.

Actually, it looks about the size of the old school contractor saws from before the days of the compact job site saws. They usually had the motor hanging out on a bracket behind the saw versus inside the cabinet of a cabinet saw.

I bought the Delta from Lowes but I'm really kicking myself now. Its a great saw thats well built but I really wish I would have went with the DeWalt or the Bosch so I could store it downstairs when I don't have a use for it. The Delta is always in the way. The way the wheels are set up its easy to move around the garage but I'm always moving it out of the way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRLB said:

I bought the Delta from Lowes but I'm really kicking myself now. Its a great saw thats well built but I really wish I would have went with the DeWalt or the Bosch so I could store it downstairs when I don't have a use for it. The Delta is always in the way. The way the wheels are set up its easy to move around the garage but I'm always moving it out of the way.

luckily for me i will be storing it against the wall. where the bosch would have been anyways. itll be in a corner so not so bad. 

I do have a question for you or anybody else. The back side of the fence (opposite of the handle) scrapes against the cast iron top some. It has scraped away some of the finish on the bottom of the blade. The rails seem to be good and it doesnt do it against the wings and not all of the cast iron top. Is there a way to fix this? I was thinking of taking a playing card and putting it above the white plastic part that slides on that side to raise it.

luckily for me i will be storing it against the wall. where the bosch would have been anyways. itll be in a corner so not so bad. 

I do have a question for you or anybody else. The back side of the fence (opposite of the handle) scrapes against the cast iron top some. It has scraped away some of the finish on the bottom of the blade. The rails seem to be good and it doesnt do it against the wings and not all of the cast iron top. Is there a way to fix this? I was thinking of taking a playing card and putting it above the white plastic part that slides on that side to raise it.

Pretty sure there's an adjustment on the back end of it, where it should ride on a rail on the back of the table. That's how they all are I believe. Or the rail in back can adjust up a little

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure there's an adjustment on the back end of it, where it should ride on a rail on the back of the table. That's how they all are I believe. Or the rail in back can adjust up a little

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Here are a few pics. I have the fence adjusted fine except for the rear rubbing. I don't see and adjustment unless these two screw will allow it to make some space somehow. You can see where it rubs on the bottom of the fence. I think a card between the white plastic and black metal piece would do the trick just fine.

IMG_20160517_184153678_zpsxq3g9wjs.jpg

IMG_20160517_184200277_zpsyjppbjnq.jpg

45 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Here are a few pics. I have the fence adjusted fine except for the rear rubbing. I don't see and adjustment unless these two screw will allow it to make some space somehow. You can see where it rubs on the bottom of the fence. I think a card between the white plastic and black metal piece would do the trick just fine.

Huh. Any advice in the paperwork? I'm sure you checked that first..... I wish I would have seen this sooner and checked my dad's when i was there over the weekend

I took another look at mine and the only way I can find to adjust it so it doesn't rub is by using the two nylon screws in the front by the handle. By adjusting those screws I can get clearance in the back. Of course it puts the whole fence at a slight incline from front to back but I don't see an issue with it.