Save your air hoses..[emoji35]

I enjoy robs videos as well, but being a finish carpenter myself I could tell he was holding things back..also he never answered his own question if he'd ever "consider it for an entire finish job"

I'm telling you guys right now these nailers are nothing they are marketed to be..say what you will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b79fe3969546de603ade744847a0ee36.jpg

Today I had second thoughts about the m18 Brad after my visit on Monday when I originally went to Check them out.. I went there again today and bought the 15g and 18g hoping I'll feel better about them after I use them for a few jobs next week...Got them home and the Brad was doing the same nonsense as in the store on Monday...not firing, half ass sinking. Nothing but embarrassing problems....

• Like 1

I don't know what to think at this point. I know Milwaukee makes really quality tools is what is surprising if they are truly having troubles with these nailers. I guess it happens sometimes even to the best brands. I'm sure they will get it dialed in.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Looks like they are si,ilar to the SENCO nitrogen filled guns.

https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/senco-fusion-f-18-cordless-finish-nailer

Senco has a lifespan on the cartridge as stated in that article. I'm wondering if Milwaukee is similar tech.

I saw a cabinet guy using the Senco and it performed well. I hope Milwaukee ends up the same.

• Like 1

Milwaukee had problems with the clamps on the M18 stand light.  They fixed it with a redesigned clamp fairly quickly.  Hopefully they do the same with these guns.

Although if you're expecting a cordless tool to be lighter than a pneumatic one, that will never happen.

This has been an interesting week.. Monday morning I received a call from Thyssen at Milwaukee tool. You'd recognize him from the 2014 7 1/4 circular saw and 2015 superhawg symposium events.

We discussed some of my issues over the phone and he really took the time to understand some of my concerns and went above and beyond that!

Today he came out to one of my jobs were we are finishing a basement and remodeling the kitchen... We talked tools and he really gave me a better understanding of how these new nailers worked and the engineering behind them.

Took a few pictures on how we use the rest of the m18 family of tools and lighting on a daily basis, and really valued my opinions and input on future products.

All in all Milwaukees tools and dedication to the trades is enough to keep me a customer for life .

• Like 4

This has been an interesting week.. Monday morning I received a call from Thyssen at Milwaukee tool. You'd recognize him from the 2014 7 1/4 circular saw and 2015 superhawg symposium events.

We discussed some of my issues over the phone and he really took the time to understand some of my concerns and went above and beyond that!

Today he came out to one of my jobs were we are finishing a basement and remodeling the kitchen... We talked tools and he really gave me a better understanding of how these new nailers worked and the engineering behind them.

Took a few pictures on how we use the rest of the m18 family of tools and lighting on a daily basis, and really valued my opinions and input on future products.

All in all Milwaukees tools and dedication to the trades is enough to keep me a customer for life .

That's great to hear

Milwaukee had problems with the clamps on the M18 stand light.  They fixed it with a redesigned clamp fairly quickly.  Hopefully they do the same with these guns.

Although if you're expecting a cordless tool to be lighter than a pneumatic one, that will never happen.

The clamp on my stand light broke within a month of getting it and really only having used it once. I've got the shipping label printed out to send it back, but I can't for the life of me find a box big enough to pack it up. I'm going to have to make a franken box out of smaller boxes so I can send it back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to know how this compares with senco's fusion nailer. It's been out for what....4-5 years by now, so they would have fixed any issues by now? Similar issues that Milwaukee faces now. .

Also doesn't seem like that great of technology when senco has had it for a number of years already

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Watching reviews of the brad nailer has me extremely skeptical. Especially in comparison to the Ryobi (from the same parent company no less). I have a trim project coming up and was looking for a reason to stay in the M18 family but when the bare Fuel is $400 CAD and the Ryobi, battery and charger is $250 and the cheaper option outperforms...well sorry big Red. 

It's very surprising to me that Milwaukee could be that far off the mark with this one.  Especially since it appears to be similar to the Senco, as mentioned above, and the 15 gauge finishing gun kit is $329.  No framing gun is also a huge disappointment.  I got tired of waiting on the framing gun and picked up the yellow today.  Might end up going with the Senco, although I might hold off until my Milwaukee rep gets his demo display in.

Especially when they tout "no ramp up time". What takes longer, ramping up for 2 seconds, or waiting for your overheated tool to cool off? The innovation this time is disrupting your work flow. Took the longest to get to market so they could "get it right". Imagine what wrong would have looked like.

Especially when they tout "no ramp up time". What takes longer, ramping up for 2 seconds, or waiting for your overheated tool to cool off? The innovation this time is disrupting your work flow. Took the longest to get to market so they could "get it right". Imagine what wrong would have looked like.

Do you expect to run enough consecutive nails in for it to overheat tho?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Do you expect to run enough consecutive nails in for it to overheat tho?

I don't care if I would run into it or not, the idea that the product is only 5% more capability than I need versus getting something for cheaper that is 500% more capability than I need is the real issue.

I believe even Rob Robillard managed to overheat it multiple times w his "real world" test if I remember it correctly.

As mentioned, angle shots and nails not sinking properly are also disappointing.

I would equate this to buying a pickup to pull a 5000lb trailer. Milwaukee is selling a half ton that can do the job, but everyone else is selling a 3/4 ton diesel for cheaper.

I'm probably a finish nailer's worst nightmare and probably still wouldn't overheat that tool in normal use.

The real problem is not working at angles, not sinking some nails fully, and all the things that seem to have carried over from Milwaukee's ancient air nailers.

Yes, it does appear extremely inconsistent between users. Fortunately I'm in the line of work that doesn't need to worry about making the decision of getting one or not, I just wished there could have been some serious progress in such technology but it appears not to be the case. The allusive perfect cordless gas free nailer....

A new name for me that is really looking promising is Grex, although it uses gas canisters, the usual issues with that type aren't present, including no maintenance, no expired gas canisters, quite small and lightweight, very cool looking little nailers

8 hours ago, Bremon said:

I believe even Rob Robillard managed to overheat it multiple times w his "real world" test if I remember it correctly.

I just went back to the video and he does mention putting it into overload several times.  It was glossed over so quickly I missed it.  If that fire rate isn't sustainable the nailer is pretty useless for a lot of people.  It completely offsets the advantage of no ramp up if you have to stop work to let the nailer cool down.