Stiletto hammer ?

SevenOddosFence

I got mine from tools-plus.com for about $165 which seems like the best price around with free shipping. I like it; it's overkill and kinda on the large side so if you don't like a large hammer you might want to reconsider it. I like the fact that it's big and hits like a big hammer but feels like a medium weight hammer. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On May 2, 2016 at 5:12 PM, kruton said:

I think it was Toronto toolman. Haven't seen him around in a bit though. Probably busy with work.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Probably working his ass off to pay for that hammer! 

• Like 5

I was very lucky when they first came out aw Meyer tools was having special trade in your old hammer and get any stiletto for $75 I couldn't pass it up trade an old plumb for a 10oz wood handle finish one. Always use it to trim no complaints power to weight ratio is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only guy I know with one is a framer with all the repetitive motion injuries that involves. He credits his stiletto with keeping him working. As a guy who doesn't swing a hammer for a living, I'm fine with my Estwings. At this point a lot of us probably have so many hammers we could have just bought one premium one though lol. 

• Like 3

It's a nice hammer. Used it for awhile last week framing. It is a tad bigger than the Dewalt 15oz mig welded framer I switched from. Nice balance and feel to the handle. Only complaint so far is the handle grip is a little grippy being new so it tends to grab my hammer loop as I pull it out.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

My problem with justifying it is for about the same cost I can buy a cordless framing nailer and never have to beat it against objects for the rest of my life, just pull the trigger, save time which saves money and save the wear and tear on my body. 

My hammers are used for adjustment only. Out of line? Hit it with a hammer. Stopped working? Hit it with a hammer. Too tight? Hit it with a hammer. Drive a nail? Pull the trigger and set one without a hammer. 

Guess I'm new school like that. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

My problem with justifying it is for about the same cost I can buy a cordless framing nailer and never have to beat it against objects for the rest of my life, just pull the trigger, save time which saves money and save the wear and tear on my body. 

My hammers are used for adjustment only. Out of line? Hit it with a hammer. Stopped working? Hit it with a hammer. Too tight? Hit it with a hammer. Drive a nail? Pull the trigger and set one without a hammer. 

Love it bro! Happy 4th....

I don't think it is new school as much as you just not really having the need....and that's ok. If all I did was smaller remodels or at home projects I wouldn't see the point either. Right now we are framing a 3,000 sq ft home. The hammer gets used way more than you think for actual nailing even though we own and use several air guns and the Dewalt cordless. Toe nailing a stud in quick, nailing the top plate together, installing trusses, tacking the floor, wall, and roof osb before we final shoot it with the air gun or screw gun, nailing off temp bracing, etc. Easily 100 plus lbs of hand nails on each house. At the end of the day I am also glad my tool belt is just a little lighter because the hammer isn't an old 24 or 28 oz Estwing (my first framers).

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

If I were a framer I'd definitely pick one up. I do have a stiletto that cost me about $75. It ain't the T-bone, but it works well. It has a wood handle.

Compared to my California Framer it sinks nails easier and with less weight. I just prefer the California Framer because it fits better on my tool pouch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Surfer said:

If I were a framer I'd definitely pick one up. I do have a stiletto that cost me about $75. It ain't the T-bone, but it works well. It has a wood handle.

Compared to my California Framer it sinks nails easier and with less weight. I just prefer the California Framer because it fits better on my tool pouch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just got one myself. Wood handle and titanium head. Seems really well balanced and comfortable to use

• Like 1

• 1 month later...