Dream Machines

PutnamEco

When you dream of purchasing tools, what tools are you dreaming about?

Some of mine would be the Martin T75 PreX. I believe that saw might extend my capabilities a little bit.....

I would pair that up with a #4 Northfield for small work and Hendrick VSa ACM Duo vertical panel saw for when I wanted to cut my sheet stock vertically. I'll put the vertical saw over by the door, so I can process larger sheets when they come in.

Man, that Martin is awesome. Any realistic idea what kinda coin you'd have to lay down for it? Though I'm sure whatever the price is could be described as anything but realistic.

I would guess if you added a few options we would be talking low 20s, When you buy a machine of this caliber they usually come and set it up for you too.

Altendorf also makes a drool worthy slider. The F 45 Elmo

Based on nothing but appearance, that Northfield looks awesome! It's got a really retro look about it that I can't help but like.

Take a look through the rest of Northfields offerings, all they make is is classic woodworking machinery. The Original Saw Companies saw is really the more traditional radial arm saw though.

I read a little on the original saw company awhile back. They're all based on the original Dewalt design. B&D sold it off to a couple of executives in the late 80's or early 90's around the time they repurposed the Dewalt brand. That Northfield is a beautiful machine though.

I read a little on the original saw company awhile back. They're all based on the original Dewalt design. B&D sold it off to a couple of executives in the late 80's or early 90's around the time they repurposed the Dewalt brand.

B&D sold the rights to a couple of investors who formed Lancaster Machinery Company, who then proceeded to go bankrupt, the Original Saw Company then acquired the rights to the radial arm saw. The Original Saw Company moved production to Britt Indiana.

The Northfield Uni-point saw was originally manufactured by the American Saw Mill Machinery Company as the Monarch Uni-point. Northfield Foundry and Machine Company bought the rights and began reproducing the saw in the early 60s, after Monarch went out of business. AMF bought the rights to Monarchs jointer that was marketed as a Dewalt for a while. Ray Dewalt was the inventor of the radial arm saw and founder of Dewalt Products Company, which became Dewalt Inc. AMF bought out Dewalt Inc in the late 40s and eventually sold Dewalt to Black & Decker in the early 60s. Dewalt stopped producing radial arm saws in 1989.