M12 PVC Shear

Mac the Plumber

Hey guys, just used the Milwaukee M12 PVC shear on a drain job. cuts were for 1 1/2" and 2" cellular core ABS. Gotta say, under the house in the crawl space, the pvc shear made the job allot easier than the old hackzall. cuts were clean and no burrs on the end. when i got the shop some of the older plumbers were checking it out, nice features were no strain on your elbow like when using the ridgid abs tubing cutters. biggest draw back was that the tool doesn't handle 3". Tool is built solid, tossed it around in dirt and dust with no failures yet. All in all, great tool but seems like it would be better suited for new construction and not so much for service and repair.

• Like 2

Big stuff? It will cut up to 2". Any bigger that's what that sawzall is for lol. Wait you don't have that one. You have to get it. It's great for cutting more then just pvc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

Nah I want that tool, still would be cool to have a bigger version though it does such a nice job cutting.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok then it would probably need to be an m18 then. What size? 2" to 4" then? Or bigger?

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

Yea any bigger than that would probably be harder to handle

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What took you so long to get the PVC shears lol. It's great for both new and service work, I use it whenever possible. You just can't get too close to the end of a pipe or it will veer off and not cut squarely. If I'm close to the end of a pipe, I'll grab PVC pliers to hold the pipe if it's a loose piece, then start the cut a little, and rotate the shears back and forth to kinda score the PVC and help the knife cut through before it completely squishes the pipe

And welcome aboard!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 4