continuous use.

cutting wood.

I have had 4 reciprocating saws in the last 4 months. 2 skills a hyper tough and a wen. After cutting wood for 1.5 hours a day for 3 weeks straight, everyone of them, in the end start knock, then plastic starts melting out from inside.whats going on here??? Then i have to return them, because the quiet working.

i use it to cut logs. (a chainsaw would be the best tool, but dont plain on having kick back and cutting my head off, so i've bee using a safer reciprocating saw.

A chain saw is perfectly safe when used correctly. Reciprocating saws are just as dangerous when used incorrectly.

At the very end of the bar the upper half of the tip where the chain wraps around the end is where kick back happens. This is the only area where it happens. But there is no reason to use that area.

I’ve owned and used chain saws for 30 years. I have never had a kick back even once. The big thing is use the bottom of the bar whenever possible. The chain pulls the wood towards the saw and there is zero kickback danger. This is the position you use for 95% of all cuts.

There is one and really only one time you cut on the top of the bar (bottom to top cut). In this position you have to hold the weight of the saw and put pressure on it against the wood. Gravity works against you. On top of that the saw tries to push the wood towards the tip where it can kick back so you have to push against the saw to avoid this. Overall this cut is so uncomfortable and unnatural I rarely use it. The only time it is necessary is when you have a log that you cannot support properly so it pinches the saw (supported only on the ends). If I can lay it down, cut an end off, roll the log, move my supports, anything to relieve pressure and do a normal cut, I will do that. There is almost never a reason to make this cut.