Lower Guard Binding When Left Bevel Cutting

COFFEE

Hi - I recently purchased a new Dewalt DWS780 and needs some advice.  I am having problems with the lower blade guard binding and causing resistance when lowering the blade.  The problem occurs when; the miter is set at 0 degrees, the blade is beveled at 45 degrees to the left, and the blade is lowered until the lower guard rollers contact the table.  At this point, the lower guard linkage arm seem slightly twist and then bind, requiring me to add a fair amount of additional force to continue lowering the blade.  When I push down with additional force, the guard's linkage arm seems to torque sideways a little, and then the lower guard itself is pushed inward toward the blade if I continue to push down.  This is not a one time occurrence.  It is happening cut after cut when lowering the blade to the lowest downward position at 0 degrees miter and 45 degree left bevel.  The problem appears to be a dangerous condition because the lower blade guard gets close to contacting the spinning blade when the blinding and subsequent inward deflection of the lower guard occurs.  Any thoughts on how to fix or adjust this?  Or, is this simply a poor design?  Thanks in advance.