Stanley buys B&D(Dewalt)

bchandler

Only time will tell. We will all just have to wait and see. I doubt Stanley even has a game plan in place yet for all the upcoming changes.

I can only see it as a positive move. You will probably see more products with the Dewalt name on it. I don't think it's  far fetched to see a Dewalt drill with a free Dewalt 'fatmax tape measure, knife, or even wrenches.

Who know's maybe prices will come down? Combining manufacturing and distribution processes, as well as buying raw materials in larger quantities means better cost control, blah blah blah.

Honestly who know's what's in store?

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly.

Hi everyone, virgin poster in Australia.

I hope that Stanley will be good for DeWalt.

I work as an electrician here in Australia and all of my power tools are Dewalt.  The majority of my other hand tools are Stanley or Fatmax.  So i can only see good things ahead for both parties.

Only time will tell.

Hoo Roo

• 5 months later...

When I talked to the `stanley guy`... he told me that they have `merged`, and not that one bought out the other which is what I had heard as well. He also told me his product line has gotten huge so it will be interesting to see how they manage product lines.

Archived