Metabo KHA 24 28v Combination Hammer Drill.

wayneburgess

As regular visitors will know I am a big fan of Metabo and have bought quite a few to replace tools that were stolen a few months back.

Here however is an honest unbiased review of this tool that I have been using on real building projects.

I have been reminded that in the U.S this is called a Rotary Hammer. :D

So you work hard and are sick of power cable tangles and want to save time?

I bought this drill with 3 3ah batteries a while back and have been using it for a few months now.

In that time I have never once had to reach for the corded drill, this thing is a beast and works all day drilling through metal underlay sheets through into concrete for hammer set M10 bolt anchors to support heavy cast iron pipework with no problem at all.Drilling 1 inch holes through solid stone walls has been easy because the hammer action is awsome on this tool.

Turn the dial and you can chisel out for those cables too, and it wont vibrate your teeth out or send your hands numb.

Turn it again and you can drill without hammer action.

The run time on the battery packs is very very good as well, the 3 batteries kept me going for a ten hour shift.

I have only one tiny complaint and that is the damn thing fits so snug in the carry case that you won't get it out with your gloves on.

In short then, if you drill holes of 1 inch or lower in concrete or brick, and you do that all day every day, then finally theses a battery powered drill that can do that in the real world and not just once in a while.

You can also purchase the fob that means nobody but you gets to use your drill.( handy for those of us out in the rough tough site world).

Metabo KHA 24 28V Cordless Combination Hammer Drill - 6.00190.58 - Suitable for bits and accessories with SDS-plus shank end - With the appropriate accessories, it is also suitable for bits and accessories with cylindrical shank end (no impact) - Favourable centre of gravity position - Die cast aluminium gear housing - Pneumatic high-performance hammer mechanism - Metabo KHA24 Comes with Hammer stop - Rotation stop for chiselling - Metabo Cordless Hammer Drill comes with Clockwise and anticlockwise rotation - Torque limiting clutch - Metabo Vibra - Tech (MVT) handle for vibration damping - Metabo CODE system: electronic anti-theft system for battery packs, activated by CODE! key (accessory) - Easy and quick change of battery pack - Metabo Li-Ion battery packs for up to 40% more power with up to 40% less weight. No memory effect - With AIR COOLED super quick charger ASS 15 Plus for charging Ni - Tech (MVT) side handle - Drilling depth guide - AIR COOLED super quick charger ASS 15 Plus.

We will all have to get used to each others terminology we call all drills with hammer action hammer drills and then divide them as S.D.S or none S.D.S. :)

Its a bit like you say a 2 x 4 and we call it a 4 x 2 it means the same just a little different way of getting there.

We will all have to get used to each others terminology we call all drills with hammer action hammer drills and then divide them as S.D.S or none S.D.S. :)

Its a bit like you say a 2 x 4 and we call it a 4 x 2 it means the same just a little different way of getting there.

Have you ever heard of what we in the states call a hammerdrill refereed to as an impact drill?

Not where I live Pal.

It is interesting how it can change by region as well as country.

Some guys call they're impact driver just an "Impact".You have to remember the U.K is only about 600 miles long and 450 or so miles wide and some of that is lakes and a bit of Irish sea in there as well, and has more regional accents per square mile than I think anywhere else.So it can get a bit complicated at times.LOL :)

We tend to define them as ordinary Hammer drill and S.D.S Hammer drill.

Not where I live Pal.

It is interesting how it can change by region as well as country.

Some guys call they're impact driver just an "Impact".

I'm wondering, do they differentiate between impact drivers and impact wrenches over there?

Here in the states we do, an impact driver has a female socket on it that accepts bits, an impact wrench on the other hand, has a male driver in the same style as a hand held ratchet and accepts regular impact sockets.