Bosch 10.8V Brushless Mini-Grinder REVIEW - GWS 10.8-76 V-EC

dwain

8 hours ago, dwain said:

Yeah no Roloc usage from beginning makes it a little more meh to me. Luckily im a machinist and will be doing somekind of mod. Not surprising they are metric threads since these are EU only currently but the math conversion is so simple. There is 25.4 mm to an inch. 1mm = .03937 inches.

I have a bunch of 2 or 3 inch long roloc shafts,I could just rethread one end and put some small wrench flats on it. Would be pretty simple to do.  All they do at the factory is make a headless bolt basically. Grade 5 is very easy to machine. Hell chop the head off a 5mm bolt and you got the same thing basically.

• Like 1

This is true, @Fazzman I never gave it a thought about having the need to adopt to different discs..... I have the m12 sander/polisher and only use it for roloc and the scotchbright wheels, that's all i ever expected it to be used for, just like my air die grinder. Didn't really look into what else was available to attach to, wasn't worried about it, but the mods sound like a very cool option if I get curious haha

Yeah but for many projects with Rolocs and scotch bright pads or flap wheels it doesnt take alot of pressure to get material off. I may as well just chuck them up in my Bosch 12v drill,would be the same just a bit bigger and stronger gearing.  

What they should do is take the newer gen bodies and put the proper motor in it for such things for sanding tasks and such.

1 hour ago, Fazzman said:

What they should do is take the newer gen bodies and put the proper motor in it for such things for sanding tasks and such.

Case in point, M12 sander/polisher.

• Like 1