Cordless screwdriver

Rewind

I'm looking for a lightweight cordless screwdriver to use when doing light work like on the dash of a vehicle (think stereo installation) and such. Would like it to have Lithium ion batteries and not be over $100. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

DeWALT gyroscopic 8volt ...

just got one... Takes a little getting used to, but a really nice tool !

I second the Dewalt. For the size, you can't beat it.

I have the M12 Fuel, it's a tank. Heavy and bulky.

The Dewalt is nice for tight spaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I second the Dewalt. For the size, you can't beat it.

I have the M12 Fuel, it's a tank. Heavy and bulky.

The Dewalt is nice for tight spaces.

The m12 Fuel is nice but over kill IMO I've never had an issue with the brushed model

Jimbo

I agree the M12 is overkill for what I want to use it for, but the M4 on the other hand is looking good, just more $$ than I want to spend. I like the DeWalt version, just wish it had the pistol grip.

1 minute ago, Rewind said:

I agree the M12 is overkill for what I want to use it for, but the M4 on the other hand is looking good, just more $$ than I want to spend. I like the DeWalt version, just wish it had the pistol grip.

The brushed model has a great clutch though for low torque low speed, and has great pistol ergonomics

Bosch 12v is way more compact and has good torque control.  This will do what you want plus alot more. I use it all the time. around the house.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PS21-2A-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Batteries/dp/B003BEE12U/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1464727769&sr=8-12&keywords=bosch+12v

Who cares about brushless,it gets the job done.

• Like 2

Bosch 12v is way more compact and has good torque control.  This will do what you want plus alot more. I use it all the time. around the house.

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PS21-2A-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Batteries/dp/B003BEE12U/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1464727769&sr=8-12&keywords=bosch+12v

Who cares about brushless,it gets the job done.

I'd love to pick up that little Bosch

Jimbo

• Like 1

It's a great tool,and strong enough for alot of tasks around the house. kind of a shame its not in the $20 off $100 or it would be an insanely good deal but still $99 for the kit is pretty nice..

Cant wait for them new Bosch 12v impacts to come out.

The Hammerhead screwdriver is cheap and it works great for electrical stuff. I use mine all the time, it's got a decent amount of torque, not outrageous but for electrical work it's perfect. You can turn it like a regular screwdriver, so you're not limited to what the power range is. It has a built-in wire stripper, which is kinda useless, and a built-in ncvt that works great. There's a hole in the shaft for bending solid wire too, but I haven't used that yet. Charges via micro-usb and comes with a wall adapter. For the money it's worth trying out, for electrical work it's been great, and I'd assume for car electronics it'd be great too

• Like 1

The Hammerhead screwdriver is cheap and it works great for electrical stuff. I use mine all the time, it's got a decent amount of torque, not outrageous but for electrical work it's perfect. You can turn it like a regular screwdriver, so you're not limited to what the power range is. It has a built-in wire stripper, which is kinda useless, and a built-in ncvt that works great. There's a hole in the shaft for bending solid wire too, but I haven't used that yet. Charges via micro-usb and comes with a wall adapter. For the money it's worth trying out, for electrical work it's been great, and I'd assume for car electronics it'd be great too

Should have picked 1 up when lowes had them on sale

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I personally have not but have heard a lot of guys on this forum rant great things about it. Electricians love it for face plates. I may move into the century and try one out I'm old school when it comes to faceplates and do them by hand.

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

Nice little driver just takes some getting used to

Jimbo

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rewind said:

Rewind ....

like Jimbo said .. It does take a little to get used to .. This is the model that I have .. The pistol grip really helps you learn the tool ...... Good luck.. Be safe.. Enjoy !!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rewind said:

Now I just gotta drop some hints to the Mrs..........you know father's day is coming up!!!

TIACREW  should have some sort of anonymous email service that sends wives recommended tool purchases !!!!!

• Like 2

Lol, thats funny. Thats exactly why I have a seperate bank account for such purchases.  

You gotta spend dough to make it when you use tools for work or even hobby. 

Ive never used that one but the size seems good. I just would never bother using it because of what I already have.

$99 bucks seems overly high for that type of tool imo.

Sounds like you settled on the Dewalt, but I'll second the recommendation for the Bosch PS21 or PS22. The kind of work you're talking about is what I do every day, not stereos very often but in dash and under dash doing remote start and backup cameras primarily. The Dewalt might give you trouble at the weird angles you'll be working from. I've been using the same PS21 for years and I can't kill it. The clutch is precise, the control is almost surgical, the ergonomics are great. It's really a one of kind tool and ideally suited to what you're talking about doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, figureitout said:

Sounds like you settled on the Dewalt, but I'll second the recommendation for the Bosch PS21 or PS22. The kind of work you're talking about is what I do every day, not stereos very often but in dash and under dash doing remote start and backup cameras primarily. The Dewalt might give you trouble at the weird angles you'll be working from. I've been using the same PS21 for years and I can't kill it. The clutch is precise, the control is almost surgical, the ergonomics are great. It's really a one of kind tool and ideally suited to what you're talking about doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Awesome,thats exactly how I feel about it too. Probably one of the best tools ive ever owned.