Dewalt Aftersales - DCF895

Paul_Delahaye

Anyone have experience with Dewalt aftersales?  Checking their website, there is not a service centre for 50 Km from my home.  Despite there being a dewalt reseller who repairs tools a mile from my house.  

My 18 month old (DIY use only) DCF895 Impact is playing up, It's like when the battery is flat, the lights come on but the tool does not work.  I've changed the battery, it's not that as the batteries all work fine on my other tools.

It's a really annoying intermitant fault.  sometimes it works fine, often when I have the drill on it's side it decides not to work.  Really let me down the other day on a job, completely dead, 2 days later thinking now it's not working it will be eaiser to diagnose, but I picked it up again, pulled the trigger and it works 100% fine.  errrrrr…..I just know when I send it for repair they won't find anything wrong.  

logic says it's a dodgy trigger, direction switch, speed selector switch or a wiring issue, Anyone else have issues with this tool?

Paul