FESTOOL chuck,fein drill?

William S

Hi,I rarely post here but check the forums almost daily and the community here seems great and value your opinions.This might seem like a dumb question but does the FESTOOL chucks work with fein drills? I've never handled a FESTOOL drill so  I don't really know how similar it is to the fein. I love the fein 18v but I was kind of expecting them to offer a right angle chuck and one similar to the eccentric chuck. oh and I have the supercut and does anyone know if the FESTOOL plunge base and depth stop work with the fein ? I know that fein had FESTOOL shared tech with the above tools but the designs are vastly different and the store that has the plungebase and depth stop doesn't allow returns on FESTOOL accessories.

Any info would be much appreciated,thanks!

No I haven't yet on the drill chucks.but the festool plunge base apparently works with the supercut after shaving off the hump, seems like there is a gap between the blade and plungebase. 

I can't find anything about the chucks online but my local acme does carry the drill and plunge base, and they will let me bring my drill and sc in  try them out before I buy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2016 at 10:28 PM, William S said:

No I haven't yet on the drill chucks.but the festool plunge base apparently works with the supercut after shaving off the hump, seems like there is a gap between the blade and plungebase. 

I can't find anything about the chucks online but my local acme does carry the drill and plunge base, and they will let me bring my drill and sc in  try them out before I buy.

Just happened across this. It appears the two are not compatible

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Just happened across this. It appears the two are not compatible

Hey thanks for that article! I've heard them mention different attachments before ,hopefully this time they come through and not just for the 12v models. Those are awesome btw, a 12v drill with 4 speeds and the quick change chuck,yet are compact! Oh and I'm hoping that the price is reasonable on the chucks.