Snap On Warraty Issiues.....

DerekTheToolGuy

So I started off by calling Snap on as spoke to "Steve" the CSR about replacing a cracked flex head 3/8 ratchet, never had an issue before he said that if you don't get an email requesting old tool in a day or 2 to toss out old tool. Well 4 days passed and I threw it out as I got no email. Well after awhile of expecting tool in mail I got nothing so I called them again and come to find out "Steve" messed up typing in my email in and they wanted the old tool now. I said I threw it out like you said to do and yada yada so he said he would get the replacement out. Well 4 days later I received another item I warrantied and no ratchet I called him because I noticed he messed up on replacement model #. Instead a 3/8 they got a 1/2 on list and me waiting for wrong tool well he said so sorry about that and he would let me have both for my troubles as he is the one that messed up twice. He said he would email me the new warranty number. Well I got the email and damn it he messed up again email said that I have to return the wrong item to get the item I was supposed to get and had a shipping label with warranty number. First of all I don't even have the wrong item yet and second he said I could have both for all the trouble. Now I got to call again and I'll be damn if I deal with "Steve" again. I've had things replaced plenty of time in mail and have dealt with him and others before with no issues. So now gotta call back and say what the hell and explain all my troubles. Anyone else ever have an issue with them, like I said I never have before until now... Sorry to rant and rave but wanted to share my storey. It's not snap ons fault but Steve's fault and won't let one bad experience ruin my out look on snap on as I believe they are a great company. 

• Like 3

Sucks for sure, definitely should keep the old ratchet, take it to a rep that comes around in his truck. Always had zero issues with just taking care of this with the snap on dealer out of his truck. And sometimes I'll just be going by a dealer when I see him there and stop in his truck and they are cool with that. Or parking lot at Lowes lol! 

I have bought stuff from 3 different SnapOn guys from around here, they know how to take care of these issues way better than someone over the phone!

• Like 1

Decided to take the 1/2 over the 3/8 I was supposed to get. Also decided not to call back because just because the CSR said I could have both and went back on it doesn't mean I can't get both I don't think so I'll take the mess up it cost $249 and is the 25 3/4 long soft grip flex head and the 3/8 is $122 and is 11" long also flex soft grip and I've been wanting the big 1/2" anyways but can't afford it so got a ratchet worth twice as much because of they're mistake. I looked on eBay and I can get a 3/8 for 65-70 but the 1/2 was 150 to 200.I guess I got lucky. Wow just got the 1/2 in the mail that was supposed to be on backorder and it's huge. It's dated 2013 so how was it on back order also the soft grip is all knocked and mangled at the bottom.... Wow oh well I'll just use it as it then get a green grip one day. 

Well ended up getting the 27"  1/2 and the 3/8 I was supposedto get so I guess for all the trouble and phone calls it worked out great but kinda feel bad now for ripping the poor guy a new one but hey it note not hard to warranty a tool I guess guy just had something on his mind because never had an issue with him in the past. I would have sent other tool back but he said I could keep it so hey what luck I'm glad I bought that ratchet years ago even after it broke.