My B&D matrix smoking hot!

n8n82250

So here I am making spent 5.56 pens and I drill like 1/4" holes in the back where the primer is. So my 6th hole I'm smelling some electrical smoke and I look at my drill and it's some thick smoke coming out of my drills vent holes I thought it was just the smoke coming from the oil I was using but nope. Now, I'm giving my drill a nice long brake from production.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Usually drills are pretty much toast once you smoke them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you do with your harbor freight drill you smoked on periscope? This thread just reminded me of that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What did you do with your harbor freight drill you smoked on periscope? This thread just reminded me of that.

Oh man forgot about that one, think it's still laying in a bucket somewhere in the garage unless I dumped it, recently I smoke a m12 brushed drill I haven't uploaded the video yet and nah I didn't do that one in purpose lol

• Like 1

Oh man forgot about that one, think it's still laying in a bucket somewhere in the garage unless I dumped it, recently I smoke a m12 brushed drill I haven't uploaded the video yet and nah I didn't do that one in purpose lol

Not sure why I remembered that. It did surprise me how fast it smoked, thought it would have lasted a little longer than it did.

So Nate, is this the drill you got from ChrisK?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kruton said:

Not sure why I remembered that. It did surprise me how fast it smoked, thought it would have lasted a little longer than it did.

Geesh! I hope not, that was one of my favorite drills! I gave him my Autosense drill though so hopefully it's a different one!

• Like 1

Man Chris has a bad habit of passing bum drills down haha at least the Bosch I bought was ore fixed and the Milwaukee is still going strong! Lol

Ouch man! [emoji16]

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

Man Chris has a bad habit of passing bum drills down haha at least the Bosch I bought was ore fixed and the Milwaukee is still going strong! Lol

Yeah thank God I discovered that problem and had Bosch fix it before you bought it. I was surprised you still wanted it when I let you know, but Bosch as usual has an awesome warranty service! I would have felt terrible if it was not working for you. That was my second Bosch warranty issue. The other was the multi tool. I hope the Black and Decker Autosense wasn't an issue for Nate. I ended up giving that to him with several other things to start him along on his DIY and woodworking hobby and that was a really slick drill.

• Like 3

Yeah thank God I discovered that problem and had Bosch fix it before you bought it. I was surprised you still wanted it when I let you know, but Bosch as usual has an awesome warranty service! I would have felt terrible if it was not working for you. That was my second Bosch warranty issue. The other was the multi tool. I hope the Black and Decker Autosense wasn't an issue for Nate. I ended up giving that to him with several other things to start him along on his DIY and woodworking hobby and that was a really slick drill.

Not your fault dude just a bad string of luck lol the fuel drill I got from you despite everyone's chuck wobble issues is flawless

Yes it is a different drill I treat the auto sense like a baby. And surprisingly even though I smoked the matrix it still works!!

• Like 1

Good Nate! That autosense is awesome. I'm seriously thinking about getting another one. It's honestly a fantastic machine for cabinetry and the controls are stupid simple. Glad to see you back on the forum too! How's school going?

Schools pretty good my grades are good I'm just trying to get through the year quickly.

So you weren't even taxing the drill just going through thin material with a smaller size bit....

Is it back to normal? Does it sound different or drill different now?

On 11/19/2016 at 7:29 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Not your fault dude just a bad string of luck lol the fuel drill I got from you despite everyone's chuck wobble issues is flawless

Yes indeed, bad string of bad luck, yessir just a string of bad luck LOL!! :D