Miter Table Saw

JMG

Every time I see a picture of this saw, my mind just balks at the concept.

tm33.2.jpg

http://virutex.com/mitertablesawcombination.aspx

If you watch some of the videos on it, there seems to be a large amount of thought to the design and options on it, but I can't help but get the feeling they are trying to do too much in too small of a space. It's like the Mad Hatter of tools.

10 minutes ago, JMG said:

Every time I see a picture of this saw, my mind just balks at the concept.

tm33.2.jpg

http://virutex.com/mitertablesawcombination.aspx

If you watch some of the videos on it, there seems to be a large amount of thought to the design and options on it, but I can't help but get the feeling they are trying to do too much in too small of a space. It's like the Mad Hatter of tools.

kinda reminds me of the shop smith....

0f509f77f8098b9934e2864867a0a1d8.jpg

I know it's all about saving space and money perhaps but when it comes right down to it I'd rather spend money on a tool that does something great opposed to buying a tool that does 5 different things half assed.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, comp56 said:

I know it's all about saving space and money perhaps but when it comes right down to it I'd rather spend money on a tool that does something great opposed to buying a tool that does 5 different things half assed.....

I love my old shopsmith. The space savings are great and you can get one for pennies used. That said I'll probably never ever use it as a table saw. 

As for the table/miter saw combo I'd have loved to have one when I was putting in a wood floor at my brothers place. Way better than lugging out even a little table saw for a couple of rip cuts.