m18 Sawzall is AWESOME

vaultman

Just wanted to post a pic of my: "It_was_time_to_get_a_Christmas_tree_with_the_family,_and_I_didn't_want_to_haul_my_chainsaw_with_me,_and_I_can't_find_my_bow_saw,_or_hunting_pack_saw,_and_the_wife_is_nagging_at_me_to_hurry_and_get_in_the_car_cause_all_the_kids_are_waiting,_so_I_grabbed_my_sawzall_and_a_9"_pruning_blade.JPG"

We cut down the top 8 feet of a 10 foot noble fir, and I had my 4.0 AH battery, along with my new m18 fuel sawzall, and it cut through the 6-1/2" diameter base and did a bit of trimming. The battery had three bars when we started and was at 1 after done. Kind of surprised me it took that much juice, but when I thought about it, it was a lot of cutting, and a heavy tree on the blade. After realizing all the weight on that blade, and watching it go through the base of that tree I was pretty impressed.

Makes me think I will have to ask the Mrs. for a 6.0 battery to go under my Christmas tree ;D You know, so next year I can cut down more trees, or get he bigger one when we get a new house with taller ceilings.

IMG_1017.JPG

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

I see a missed opportunity to play with my chainsaw. Eye of the beholder I suppose 

I totally get what you are saying.

However, I took my chainsaw elk hunting, two weeks ago, and did quite a bit of cutting with that. And my chainsaw is pretty heavy.

I have only had the fuel sawzall for a week, and only used it once thus far... so the opportunity for me was all sawzall.

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I would do that too!

Or a diablo pruning blade to make it more efficient!! 

Sounds like a pretty slick blade they have coming out soon!

I used a Milwaukee pruning blade that I picked up on my way out of town. Worked pretty good.