Flexvolt USA to uk

agd47

Hi guys wondered if you guys could share some knowledge regarding purchasing a flexvolt mitre & table saw in the states & shipping it home to the UK? I have a sister in Houston that moved with her husbands oil career that's moving back to Scotland with their possessions following on in a shipping container courtesy of his firm. I've priced it up and can save quite a bit on both machines, obviously the charger is useless but I'm assuming the batteries will charge fine with our uk chargers.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I’m in the UK and around 80% of my Dewalt cordless kit is purchased in the US and shipped back personally (I take around 4 business trips to Miami each year). I buy mainly bare tools and have only ditched one US charger. 

So yes, you’ll be fine but consider two factors:

1) Kiss goodbye to any warranty. I’m a keen DIYer so my tools are all (relatively) lightly used.

2) Take ALL batteries in hand luggage. Check your airline’s Li-Ion restrictions carefully and take a copy with you in case CBP get picky. With the Flexvolt batteries, make sure the transport cap is fitted. Again, take a copy of Dewalt’s guidance on the transport cap in case CBP take interest.

I’ve carried 3-4 5Ah batteries and 2x 9Ah flexvolt batteries no problem. 

EDIT: Sorry, just re-read your post. You need to check if the batts can be shipped in the container. 

I’m in the UK and around 80% of my Dewalt cordless kit is purchased in the US and shipped back personally (I take around 4 business trips to Miami each year). I buy mainly bare tools and have only ditched one US charger. 

So yes, you’ll be fine but consider two factors:
1) Kiss goodbye to any warranty. I’m a keen DIYer so my tools are all (relatively) lightly used.
2) Take ALL batteries in hand luggage. Check your airline’s Li-Ion restrictions carefully and take a copy with you in case CBP get picky. With the Flexvolt batteries, make sure the transport cap is fitted. Again, take a copy of Dewalt’s guidance on the transport cap in case CBP take interest.

I’ve carried 3-4 5Ah batteries and 2x 9Ah flexvolt batteries no problem. 
Hi thanks for the reply. The table & mitre saw along with the batteries will be left in the box unopened and loaded onto a shipping container with my sisters belongings to eventually catch up with her at home in the UK.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...