Tubing Shrinker

GarettC

Hi All,

Brand new here, first post.  

So I'm looking for a tool, and maybe it doesn't exist. I'm working with small diameter copper, and right now I have to join 1/8"OD tubing to 1/4" tubing.  I can do that with heavy wall refrigeration tubing, or with regular old soft copper, a piece of 3/16, and then the 1/8", all soldered together.  I was thinking that there must be a tool that can shrink the diameter of tubing.  then I could use thin wall tubing, which is somewhat significant with the price of materials going through the roof.

a while back I made an attempt by cannibalizing a tubing cutter.  I replace the cutting wheel with a metal spacer, and did the same for the bottom two rollers.  so instead of cutting tubing, we're rolling it, and shrinking diameter with every turn.  but it's onerous, doesn't look good enough, and my makeshift tool died as a result of me asking a bit too much of it.

Does anyone make anything like that in commercial tool?

The other thing I was thinking of is something like a hydraulic hose fitting crimper. or a drill chuck (but more powerful).

Thanks in advance for your help!

~Garett