Multi Tool Accesory Box Layout

Sarbatche

I finally bought myself a DCS355 oscillating multi tool and I love the deep blade box that comes with it. I'll probably even buy a second one. However... It's clearly not just a universal box due to all of the fins on the inside. Can anyone provide a photo of how they fit everything in there properly? Or an official DeWalt photo of where the attachments and blades are supposed to go?

This (case layout depictions) may be one of the largest enduring frustrations that I have with DeWalt. I struggled for a long time with my router and its case before finally putting it in a Tough System.

Oh I got a dude. Well I've got the MXH from Bosch and it comes with a small plastic bin for the blades. Really cheap box but....it's got some ingenious little posts and slots for various blades. I like it quite a bit. The post keep the Japanese blades in real order while the slots keep the circular blades in sprats order as well.

• 3 months later...

I finally bought myself a DCS355 oscillating multi tool and I love the deep blade box that comes with it. I'll probably even buy a second one. However... It's clearly not just a universal box due to all of the fins on the inside. Can anyone provide a photo of how they fit everything in there properly? Or an official DeWalt photo of where the attachments and blades are supposed to go?

This (case layout depictions) may be one of the largest enduring frustrations that I have with DeWalt. I struggled for a long time with my router and its case before finally putting it in a Tough System.

Yah I'd like to know to. I've spent way to much time playing with it trying to figure out how everything fits in there correctly. All those little raised plastic dividers and gaps are worst than a jig saw puzzle. They have to be there for a reason. I'm thinking about cutting them all out and just having an open box and dump everything into it if I don't get this figured out soon.

How's this, it's the best I can come up with. With this arrangement it can securely hold 4 blades when they are doubled up.

In the last picture, if you trim this plastic bead flush and down low enough to clear the knob on the depth bracket it will fit in this spot straighter. The bracket sits offset a little because the knob is contacting the bead. Turning the knob in till its snug secures the bracket in place.