Dewalt Miter Saw question (two choices)

Upallnite

hello all

So I find myself in an interesting position with my miter saw choices. Long story short, I purchased the dw715 from one of the big box stores and the floor model was a dw715 type 2... Turns out when I got home and opened the box it was a dw715 type 3

Needless to say I was a little annoyed because I wanted to put a light on it and type 3 does not accept the light. Called up the manager and got two options:

Option 1: get the floor model (type 2) for $150 (I paid 240 for the new one on sale)

Option 2: get a new dw716 for $275

The 716 says it accepts lasers/lights etc. on the box which is why that came up.

Thoughts on which is the better deal? I kinda didn't want to spend any more cash but another $35 is not much however... I could use that $90 I'd get back for some other things.

What I'd be using it for? First project is a deck, then a toy chest for my kid, then a bookshelf for my wife... Then some home upgrades. Not sure exactly how much id use the dbl bevel but I'm thinking at least it would be there

Thanks in advance.

My vote is go for the floor model. I love when you can pick up floor models for cheap. It's exactly the model you want and at a killer price. Use the extra money to buy a chopmaster blade and you'll have a beast.

Hmmm...I'm not sure what the difference is between the Type 2 and the Type 3 besides not being able to put on the killer light thing.

And I'm not sure what the diffference is between the DW715 and the DW716.

Having said that, I'm sure it's probably a very minimal difference, therefore I'd go with the floor model and save yourself some money. With the extra cash, you can buy your wife some flowers and your kid a new toy, lol. 

Thanks. I thought about getting the DW716 (dual bevel) when I got there then realized when the manager said the "floor model" he meant the "floor model and whatever was on it"... including a set of saw clamps like THIS and a few other goodies they had attached for display. Made the choice real easy... the dual bevel was nice but down the line I could probably sell this 715 for close to what I paid for it if I include the accessories that came with it. ;-)