Built in kitchen lighting

figureitout

So I have a pretty open ended question but I'm betting you guys have some ideas to help me.

First off, I rent my house but I take care of it and improve it like it was my own, which gets me rent reductions, experience, satisfaction, and a better place to live.

So anyway, I decided to redo the whole kitchen, drywall, cabinets, floor, new window, sink, appliances, new island etc. Monday I have a cabinet builder coming with the landlord to measure and go over how we're gonna set things up. He'll build the cabinets and then give me a week or so notice for me to yank the old ones, replace the walls and trim and do my outlets and switches as my wife instructs.

So I plan to do some sort of in cabinet lighting. I don't even have the time right now to consider exactly what I'll end up doing, but when the cabinet builder is here I want to be able to ask him to build them with this in mind.

What in particular could I ask him for that'll make things easier for me when I install the lighting? Are there other considerations I should discuss with him when he's here that'll make things easier for me? Maybe a sink cutout, or talk to him about what else I'll be doing like the tile backsplash?

I don't have things planned much yet but since we're getting custom cabinets I'd like to take advantage of the opportunity. For this situation, is there advice you'd offer about what I could be discussing with the cabinet guy that'll help me later?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk