Ryobi tool question

gohammergo

Greetings. My first post here. :) Longtime Ryobi guy and 40 years in construction. 

I'm having some issues with a few things and looking for advice. I have loads of 18 volt tools from saws to drills to chopsaw, hammer drills etc. 

I recently picked up a light. It is model P781. I use it a lot, and am very happy with it as far as performance goes. However, and there does have to be a "however" doesn't there? :) I think it is killing my batteries! Three times now, I have put a known good battery in the light and used the light for periods of time. Shut the light off when done using it, and when I go to turn the light on, it won't come on. The battery indicator shows one light, but when I put it in the charger, it won't charge? I rotate my batteries through the tools and keep them charged good. I can't understand what is happening. When it happened with the first battery I thought it was just coincidence. When it happened with the second battery about a week later, I started wondering if the light had issues. When the third battery died, tonight, I knew it was time to seek guidance. I won't leave a battery in it anymore when it isn't being used.

Has anyone else had issues with this light or heard of any issues?

Thanks in advance for any help, and I hope to be able to contribute here as well :)