Ridgid Compact Router

Shuutr

Anyone have one?  Do you like it?  Is the lack of a plunge base a problem?  I'm trying to decide between the Ridgid, Dewalt and Makita compact routers.

Ridgid - Least expensive @ $99, comes with a light, edge guide and LSA.  No plunge base and no dust extraction accessory.

Dewalt - Comes with a light and has every possible accessory.  Most expensive even during the $20 off $100 sales that are going on.

Makita - Has a lot of accessory options, can get for $115 during the promotion.  No light.

• 2 weeks later...

If you feel like you are going to need to plunge cut, get a bigger 2.5HP router. These are made for edge profiling and light patterning. I have one the rigid compact and the bosch plunge router. If you are going to be doing a lot of rabbiting and dados, 1HP is going to be a PIA to use/control through  thick stock.

Thanks for the reply.  I went....wait for it.....with a Bosch Colt (none of the above).  I know they have a new, more powerful model coming out this fall, and still I bought it. Turns out my old larger craftsman has a plunge base so if and when I need one, I have one.  

• Like 1