Thinking of starting to invest in the M12 lineup.

DaveJr.

Timely thread.  I've got some of the 12v Bosch tools but recently helped my brother plumb his house he is building and he picked up the Milwaukee 12v propex kit to do the job.  Very small learning curve, took about 2 hours to do some test runs and then complete the first run, and then about another 4 hours to finish everything.  Once we were done and the house was plumbed he gave it to me for my labor cost. I'm building in the next year or two and thinking about between now and then adding some of the other Milwaukee 12v offerings, and maybe selling my Bosch 12v tools to help with the cost.  See a lot more 12v Milwaukee tools available than Bosch and they seem committed to the 12v platform.  Kinda surprised Dewalt, Bosch and Makita have let Milwaukee have free reign and go pretty much uncontested in wide range of tools they offer in the 12v market. The other three all have solid products, just not a lot of variety.  Milwaukee has just about everything they offer in 18v available on the 12v platform.  

I will say that several times during his build I have started with a 18v drill or impact, but after about 20 minutes I switched to the 12v bosch series and yes, performance was slightly less, but the weight and comfort was way better and made up for the extra few minutes the job took. I find myself reaching for the 12v stuff more and more just because of that.  

• Like 1

I commented a day or two back about just getting into the 12v lineup.

I used my new Fuel Hackzall yesterday for the first time. Had to cut up a tree which had rotten at the base and fallen over. The thickest part was 6" around. (tree was maybe 10-12" high and about the same diameter with branches) Used the Diablo 9" pruning blade. In less than a half battery charge I cut the entire (small) tree into 2' long sections which completely fit in a wheelbarrow for removal. The tool got hot as hell but never stopped.

This morning I put a new Milwaukee torch blade in it and started cutting up steel. Like a hot knife through butter. I'm very impressed with this tool, and with the 12V fuel in general so far. The 4.0xc batteries last quite a while too.

• Like 1

I love my Hilti 12V tools but the bottom line is there's not enough selection to completely change over. I have a full set of M12 fuel tools and I love the selection and availability. There's no question Milwaukee has the strongest 12 V line up, the tools are quite good for the dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I commented a day or two back about just getting into the 12v lineup.

I used my new Fuel Hackzall yesterday for the first time. Had to cut up a tree which had rotten at the base and fallen over. The thickest part was 6" around. (tree was maybe 10-12" high and about the same diameter with branches) Used the Diablo 9" pruning blade. In less than a half battery charge I cut the entire (small) tree into 2' long sections which completely fit in a wheelbarrow for removal. The tool got hot as hell but never stopped.

This morning I put a new Milwaukee torch blade in it and started cutting up steel. Like a hot knife through butter. I'm very impressed with this tool, and with the 12V fuel in general so far. The 4.0xc batteries last quite a while too.

Wait til the 6.0... Love both hackzalls fuel and non fuel. Also the torch blades are really nice

Jimbo

I thought I came up with a task that would finally bind up the M12 Fuel Hackzall, a 3.5" steel pole for a basketball hoop...I was wrong:

kuLOXQ2.jpg

I did cut the majority of it up with the M18 Sawzall but it was for speed because it's Summer in Florida. I swear, the brushed Sawzall was only about 30% faster at most. It was insane, also, this cut and I cut up the framework for the backboard and cut the hoop...No bars off of the 4.0Ah battery. :huh:

• Like 3

I thought I came up with a task that would finally bind up the M12 Fuel Hackzall, a 3.5" steel pole for a basketball hoop...I was wrong:

kuLOXQ2.jpg

I did cut the majority of it up with the M18 Sawzall but it was for speed because it's Summer in Florida. I swear, the brushed Sawzall was only about 30% faster at most. It was insane, also, this cut and I cut up the framework for the backboard and cut the hoop...No bars off of the 4.0Ah battery. :huh:

Fuel tools will never leave you disappointed!

Jimbo

• Like 2