Thinking of starting to invest in the M12 lineup.

DaveJr.

I don't know why but I am starting to consider investing in the M12 lineup. From what you guys say it seems to be a very good lineup. As you probably know, I am a DeWalt guy but in all honesty I think the DeWalt 12V Max line is lacking big time to Milwaukee's. I was looking to start with this kit. What is the benefit to using 12V versus 18V/20V?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M12-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Drill-Driver-Impact-Driver-Combo-Kit-2-Tool-2494-22/203111686

Thanks guys, I think the Milwaukee bug bit me last night!

• Like 2

I love my M12 tools. I have the fuel hammer drill, impact and circ saw plus the regular hackzall and righr angle drill. I had the regular drill and impact as well and gave them to my dad. Excellent tools.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I pull out my 12v tools out much more often than the 18, but I'm using a lot of their tools they made for my trade that you can't find elsewhere as mentioned above, copper tubing cutter, pvc shears, pex tool, polisher/sander(love that little thing)

I grab my 12v impact much more often than my 18 because i'm usually putting in smaller screws, or taking panels off, or screws that require a lot of turning to remove or install (shower valve trim, for ex)

What you do a lot will dictate your needs. Running a lot of deck screws or drywall screws? Go 18v, but if you're doing sheet metal or thinner material with shorter fasteners, go for the 12v line.

The 12v from Milwaukee is a solid line up, I've not had any problems with any of my m12 tools. One battery did go bad almost right out of the package, so that go replaced no problem.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 77Ford said:

I am a DeWalt guy too, but due to the lack of available 12 volts I invested in the M12 line. DeWalt for the 20 volt and Milwaulkee for the 12 volt

Yup that is my exact plan. I already have the Dewalt 20v tools. So I want to get the 12 volt stuff for smaller around the house stuff. Just ordered that kit from HD for $99 to get me started. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveJr. said:

Yup that is my exact plan. I already have the Dewalt 20v tools. So I want to get the 12 volt stuff for smaller around the house stuff. Just ordered that kit from HD for $99 to get me started. 

Dave this is the beginning of a long long dark red road bro my Red team addiction all started with a Black Friday deal on a m12 drill and impact and well......image.jpgand I think I'm still missing a few..

• Like 4

I'm also on the Dewalt 20v max line but went with m12 for a couple of tools that Dewalt did not live up to or did not have in their 12v line. Tools I love in the m12 line is the fuel rotary hammer drill, 3/8 ratchet, rotary tool, led lantern and fuel 1/2 impact wrench.

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well I've got two Milwaukee tools and though I'm not a huge fan, Milwaukee has a great all encompassing 12v lineup. I have some Bosch 12v tools which I am a huge fan of but Milwaukee has the niche, actually all niches covered with their M12 lineup. I'd say Bosch has the second largest 12v lineup but Milwaukee is certainly much larger of a lineup.

• Like 1

Dave this is the beginning of a long long dark red road bro my Red team addiction all started with a Black Friday deal on a m12 drill and impact and well......image.jpgand I think I'm still missing a few..

Mine started winning an eBay bid lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm also on the Dewalt 20v max line but went with m12 for a couple of tools that Dewalt did not live up to or did not have in their 12v line. Tools I love in the m12 line is the fuel rotary hammer drill, 3/8 ratchet, rotary tool, led lantern and fuel 1/2 impact wrench.

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

Sounds like me, I had dewalt 20v, started on M12, but once you get a taste of the power for fuel, you'll be buying into the m18 line!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Glasseyi said:

Oh man that must have been the pain write up you have ever done Chris. I could see the tears from here lol. 

Hahahahahahanahaha nah, I'll give red credit for having more tools. I didn't say they were B-E-T-T-E-R tools!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I bought into the Milwaukee 18V lineup with their Onekey system (have the drill, impact driver, and compact impact wrench) then I got the Fuel circular saw. I had planned on staying with the 18v as I didn't want multiple voltage batteries to service and purchase. A deal over at CPO changed that and I am now into the 12v system. As mentioned they have stuff that isn't available in their 18v lineup. I bought the fuel hackzall and plan on eventually getting the 1/4" and 3/8" ratchets for tighter spots where my impact driver can't fit. I may also wind up with the drain snake at work and possibly one or two other tools. I was hoping that they would come put with a brushless multi tool in 18v, but now that I have the 12v and my uses are limited, I'l just grab the model that costs less. So I guess in a way the 12v and second voltage is a benefit for me.

• Like 1