World1stResponses

Mitchell Newhard

I own and love a good 15 or so dewalt 20v max tools and am getting a little sad with what DeWalt is coming out with. It seems to me they are focusing on selling more batteries(12v,20v,40v,& now 60v) rather then coming out with a bigger 20v tool line up like Milwaukee, Makita, Ryobi, and Rigid... Milwaukee just slapped out a "18v9amp" battery that is way better then DeWalts "60v/20v6amp" which is only 1 step up from the 20v5amp they already have... please explain this. Also were is a 20v fan by now? everyone already has on from the mentioned companies because of its simplicity and profitability from its many use-abilities. lol had do to that. Everyone wants a lawnmower on the 40v which should just be tossed since they have the new 60v that is backwards compatible with the 20v line! Why hasn't anyone made a sweet headlamp with a 12v battery? A bunch of these battery powered headsets have a big pack to contain a good 4 AA batteries taking more space then the 12v. I like the idea of a battery powered power station but with that whats the point of a cordless miter-saw or table-saw? I was going to get a regular garage door opener but love my tools and Ryobi came out with a sweet opener with attachments like a fan and extension cord so I had to get it but could only wonder what DeWalt could really do if they too thought outside the box... Instead they prefer to come out with more batteries of different volts and amps. Lmk what you all think.

• Like 1

I was a bit worried about the new battery line until I read that you can use your current 20v charger (which is great) on the 60v batteries and they still intend to put out new 20v tools. If next time you need a new battery you just buy 60V flex batteries and you will be able to run any old or new tool you have so your old tools will all still be relevant and you will get heaps of new more powerful 60V tools. AS far as not making your old tools obsolete they have actually done a really good job. long live 20v plus new exciting tools

I don't really have a problem with the new battery.  I also don't think it will affect me much.  While a new battery is great, I would much prefer some new tools.  

Milwaukee is on the fast track, bringing out new tools.  Makita has so many more.  There are alot of small reasons I like DeWalt.  Lack of variety of tools is the one thing I don't like.  They just seem so slow to come out with new stuff.  

I guess I shall go on record ... The new "platform" does not affect me, perhaps in the future I will purchase the bigger battery, seeing that I can use my current charger. As long as they continue to support the 20V max line I will be happy.

im sure many people will go to the RED side, if that's what works for them, Great !! 

I DO wish for new additions to the tool line, PVC cutter would be nice ..etc..

Currently all of my yellow exceed my needs and I am very happy, but would still love some new tools 

SORRY TO SEE YOU GO JIMBO !!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mitchell Newhard said:

Milwaukee just slapped out a "18v9amp" battery that is way better then DeWalts "60v/20v6amp" 

That one is not really true. All current Milwaukee and dewalt ( including flexvolt) batteries use the normal sized 18650 size lithium cells.  These cells which we have used in battery packs for the last 10 years are at the end of their development cycle. 

The more amps we put into a cell, the less current we can draw from those cells. Its a trade off inherent to the lithium cell. Its a proven fact that the 3000 milliamp cells used in Bosch/Hitachi 6 amp battery and in Milwaukee 9 amp pack CANNOT deliver as much current as the 2000 milliamp cells that dewalt uses in their current 6 amp flexvolt  battery.

Upping the voltages instead of the amps drawn also has an inherent positive effect on runtime because the 60v battery will have lower resistance then the 18v large amp draw pack of Milwaukee.

For heavy power draw uses don't be surprised if the dewalt battery manages to keep up with the Milwaukee battery because of inherent less resistance and power loss in a high voltage pack/using 2 amp cells.

The follow up lithium cell for future battery packs will be the 20700 or 21700 size lithium. These larger sized cells still have ALOT of reach to keep growing the coming years. These cells can provide alot more current.

Dewalt has already shown a 20v-9amp/60v-3amp flexvolt battery pack that will use these newer cells. This battery will dance circles around Milwaukee 9 amp battery.

• Like 6

20V/40V voltage switching batteries would be great.  20V/60V switching batteries are useless to me.

The former would mean complete backwards compatibility of batteries (I consider the dewalt and milwaukee large batteries incompatible because they're too big for drill or impact) while allowing more powerful and efficient tools, albeit not backwards compatible with batteries.  If they hadn't boosted the battery size I would be taking a serious look at Dewalt but this means splitting their development off of other tools I'm interested in.

• Like 1

Was having a bit of a chin wag with my local Dewalt dealer on the new flexvolt gear coming out and I asked him whats the prices on the Dewalt dcs575T2 cir saw with 2 6Ah batteries and he was abit reluctant to say but him been a mate he checked for me its coming in at €600- $679

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

That one is not really true. All current Milwaukee and dewalt ( including flexvolt) batteries use the normal sized 18650 size lithium cells.  These cells which we have used in battery packs for the last 10 years are at the end of their development cycle. 

The more amps we put into a cell, the less current we can draw from those cells. Its a trade off inherent to the lithium cell. Its a proven fact that the 3000 milliamp cells used in Bosch/Hitachi 6 amp battery and in Milwaukee 9 amp pack CANNOT deliver as much current as the 2000 milliamp cells that dewalt uses in their current 6 amp flexvolt  battery.

Upping the voltages instead of the amps drawn also has an inherent positive effect on runtime because the 60v battery will have lower resistance then the 18v large amp draw pack of Milwaukee.

For heavy power draw uses don't be surprised if the dewalt battery manages to keep up with the Milwaukee battery because of inherent less resistance and power loss in a high voltage pack/using 2 amp cells.

The follow up lithium cell for future battery packs will be the 20700 or 21700 size lithium. These larger sized cells still have ALOT of reach to keep growing the coming years. These cells can provide alot more current.

Dewalt has already shown a 20v-9amp/60v-3amp flexvolt battery pack that will use these newer cells. This battery will dance circles around Milwaukee 9 amp battery.

Thank god I didn't have to compile a logical explanation like you did. You win the thread, thank you. 

As I've bitched about at various points in this and other forums since nobody seems to understand...two halves are better than a whole in almost every instance. The value of Dewalt Flexvolt over Milwaukee 9ah is an undeniable fact. For the same cost you can get more ah (9 vs 12), have the flexibility of two separate batteries that can run two separate tools both 60v and 20v interchangeably, be combined to run 120v tools, or run single in higher powered 60v tools. You can charge one battery while the other runs either a 20v or 60v tool. The possibilities are extensive. 

Milwaukee is a 9ah battery for 18 volt tools. Period, end of story. No more tricks or features. They don't run more powerful tools like Dewalt 60v. They don't combine in series to do anything special like Dewalt 120v cordless tools. They can only run a single tool at a time when compared to 2x Flexvolt batteries for the same cost. 

I don't understand how this is even a conversation...Dewalt wins with hands, feet, and cock cut off and fed to a Goat named Melvin who likes to lick the electric fence. There is nothing here to compare. It's unequivocal. It's undeniable.

• Like 6

Thank god I didn't have to compile a logical explanation like you did. You win the thread, thank you. 

As I've bitched about at various points in this and other forums since nobody seems to understand...two halves are better than a whole in almost every instance. The value of Dewalt Flexvolt over Milwaukee 9ah is an undeniable fact. For the same cost you can get more ah (9 vs 12), have the flexibility of two separate batteries that can run two separate tools both 60v and 20v interchangeably, be combined to run 120v tools, or run single in higher powered 60v tools. You can charge one battery while the other runs either a 20v or 60v tool. The possibilities are extensive. 

Milwaukee is a 9ah battery for 18 volt tools. Period, end of story. No more tricks or features. They don't run more powerful tools like Dewalt 60v. They don't combine in series to do anything special like Dewalt 120v cordless tools. They can only run a single tool at a time when compared to 2x Flexvolt batteries for the same cost. 

I don't understand how this is even a conversation...Dewalt wins with hands, feet, and cock cut off and fed to a Goat named Melvin who likes to lick the electric fence. There is nothing here to compare. It's unequivocal. It's undeniable.

Could you write my eulogy?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Uhhhhh...... BAM !!!!!

Couldn't say it better myself end of chat !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk