Dcf 662 versa torque screw gun - new 20v tool

SDS

Some info I found 

"DEWALT announces the new 20V MAX* XR® Versa-ClutchTM Adjustable Torque Screwgun (DCF622). Featuring the Versa-Clutch® system, the screwgun dials in the proper torque needed to effectively drive fasteners. For metal-to-metal fastening and commercial roofing and framing, the 20V MAX* XR® Versa-ClutchTM Adjustable Torque Screwgun (DCF622) has high power, sufficient to drive heavy-duty fasteners into metal and wood.
The brushless motor in the DEWALT 20V MAX* XR® Versa-ClutchTM Adjustable Torque Screwgun (DCF622) limits the necessity of repairs** and provides long life. Part of the extensive DEWALT 20V MAX* system which features over 70 tools, the screwgun provides a cordless and convenient solution for applications. Whether the application is pre-fabricated metal, installations, or even deck work, the screwgun limits damage of fasteners, a common user frustration.
The 20V MAX* XR® Versa-ClutchTM Adjustable Torque Screwgun (DCF622) advances DEWALT’s line of cordless fastening capabilities. With a focus on ergonomics, the screwgun is balanced from front to back and protected with a rubber over-mold that helps the user grip the tool comfortably. Featuring a quick release chuck, easy clutch and depth setting, an LED work light, lock on and belt hook, the 20V MAX* XR® Versa-ClutchTM Adjustable Torque Screwgun (DCF622) completes a wide variety of applications on the jobsite, including post frame building and metal roofing.
The 20V MAX* XR® Versa-ClutchTM Adjustable Torque Screwgun (DCF622) will be available in September 2016 where DEWALT products are sold. Kitted with two 4.0Ah batteries and a charger (DCF622M2) or sold as a bare option (DCF622B), the 20V MAX* XR® Versa-ClutchTM Adjustable Torque Screwgun will be sold at (MSRP) $329 and $199 respectively and come standard with a 3 year limited warranty, 90 day money back guarantee, and 1 year free service contract."

• Like 1

Seems to be more direct competition between Milwaukee and Dewalt now that brushless tool lines are becoming more filled out. Dewalt with specialty trade tools, Milwaukee w a similar screwgun, outdoor power equipment, etc. "Anything you can do, I can do better, I can do anything better than you" "No, you can't" "yes, I can" :P. Works for me, hopefully some aggressive sales are the result. I'll let Brookfield and Baltimore battle over which color ends up in my toolbox. 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2016 at 1:22 AM, jeffmcmillan said:

Any pictures or videos of this?  The only thing that comes up on google for dewalt DCF662 is this page.

If it's just a screwgun with torque settings like a drill I won't be impressed.  Torque is an incredibly inaccurate spec for wood screws.

Considering how specific they're being about it's intended purpose, I think there's more to it than clutch settings on a random drill. 

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Seems likely.  In one of the promo images there was a tool next to the brushless drywall driver that looked like the brushless driver with the head of that.

If it's a more complicated clutch, anyone know in what way?

12 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Seems likely.  In one of the promo images there was a tool next to the brushless drywall driver that looked like the brushless driver with the head of that.

If it's a more complicated clutch, anyone know in what way?

Physically, no...but probably something more positive mechanically to insure better consistency. As you said, for something that has to cross different materials and different thicknesses and maintain some kind of uniformity means something would have to change, or else no sense in making it in the first place and let any regular cordless drill take the space. Something about it would need to be special and use specific.