3/8 craftsman drill

CATERPILLAR

I have an older 3/8 drill i am thinking of making a mini drill press with so when you are using very small bits they dont break and it would be kind of cool. Do you guys have any ideas how i can go about doing this i am thinking of wiring the switch so i can pull the trigger to go speed i know they sold little things like this but i want to try to make some :) thanks for checking this post out have a good one 

download.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CATERPILLAR said:

I have an older 3/8 drill i am thinking of making a mini drill press with so when you are using very small bits they dont break and it would be kind of cool. Do you guys have any ideas how i can go about doing this i am thinking of wiring the switch so i can pull the trigger to go speed i know they sold little things like this but i want to try to make some :) thanks for checking this post out have a good one 

download.jpg

You'll probably be in less money by just buying a Rikon bench top unit. Me and @ChrisK each have one and like them.

I have an older 3/8 drill i am thinking of making a mini drill press with so when you are using very small bits they dont break and it would be kind of cool. Do you guys have any ideas how i can go about doing this i am thinking of wiring the switch so i can pull the trigger to go speed i know they sold little things like this but i want to try to make some [emoji4] thanks for checking this post out have a good one 

download.jpg

7ad5a8c1740a74bd0af08c8b7245452e.png

I have one of these it's a good alternative and beats fiddling with a homemade press, I was going to make one but got a gift card so why not??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

7ad5a8c1740a74bd0af08c8b7245452e.png

I have one of these it's a good alternative and beats fiddling with a homemade press, I was going to make one but got a gift card so why not??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks pretty slick Jimbo.  Do you just press it down to advance it or how do you plunge it?

13 minutes ago, kruton said:

That looks pretty slick Jimbo.  Do you just press it down to advance it or how do you plunge it?

yup hook up your drill, you can angle it or straight and push, there is a depth stop, on the base you can use it to drill center holes or even mount it on the under side of a table for sanding drums, pretty cool i have a video for it just have to edit and upload, has a few quirks but for 25 bucks its the same as the 40 dollar rocker one, not bad

9 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

yup hook up your drill, you can angle it or straight and push, there is a depth stop, on the base you can use it to drill center holes or even mount it on the under side of a table for sanding drums, pretty cool i have a video for it just have to edit and upload, has a few quirks but for 25 bucks its the same as the 40 dollar rocker one, not bad

pretty cool idea but that defeats the purpose if it i am making one from scratch :) thanks for stoping by have a good one