Thoughts on cheap plus SawStop?

Jronman

I have really gotten into watching shop tour videos as of late and have noticed a trend. I thought it was interesting to see guys who would only buy homeowner grade tools because "you don't need these premium tools or don't need those expensive tools", some even specifically say they won't buy premium, go out and buy a SawStop, one of the most premium table saws available in North America. Just curious what your guys thoughts are on this trend. 

Not sure, maybe they save up to buy the most important tool in their shop and they consider the tablesaw to be that? I have a Sawstop and love it. I have the Contractor CNS model and bought it on eBay for a marked decrease but I have a lot of pro level tools as I’m pretty blessed.

I can only guess they’re not particularly bent on dropping top-dollar for occasional tool use but, especially if they’ve never used a tablesaw before, find themselves particularly attracted to the safety factor of the Sawstop. Best guess I can come up with.

Some people want to buy their forever tool sooner rather than later. A table saw will last you for decades. A more consumable tool like a sander, router, or jig saw get many upgrades throughout the years or just don't last as long. Some tools are worth buying a better tool for. Table saws is one of them. For example unisaws or powermatic table saws from the 50s are still in use or like my drill press and jointer from the 40s and 50s. Cheaper tools or hand power tools aren't in use.

Also safety is a big factor. If it was the for the deal I got on my saw stop I would still have my delta contractor saw.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk