DCB115 Charger Question

RGRJoe

I have Flex Volt 20V batteries (9ah).

Can I charge them with a DCB115 charger (bought locally)?

the charger says it charges batteries up to 18V

on the bottom of the charger, It says it has an output of 22V.

I live in the UAE and according to the local Dewalt guy, all they can get here is 18V stuff.

Admins:  Please delete this post if its duplicate.

Welcome to the forum.

When DeWALT created the Lithium Ion XR power tools, referred to as 20V MAX XR in the US, they were also still actively selling their (now discontinued) 18V XRP power tools.

DeWALT concluded that US customers would be confused by the similar naming of 18V XR (Lithium Ion) and 18V XRP (Ni-Cd) power tools, so the US tools are named 20V MAX XR, where the RoW identical tools are 18V XR.

Long answer to the UAE DeWALT guy being correct about tools for that country being branded as 18V XR.

The DeWALT DCB115 4A charger is included w/ 20V/60V FLEXVOLT kits, so it is compatible. That DCB115 charger is compatible w/ 12V MAX, 20V MAX and 20V/60V MAX FLEXVOLT battery packs. There are other chargers available that will properly charge that DeWALT DCB609 20V/60V MAX FLEXVOLT 9Ah battery at a faster rate.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Hagai said:

I think i got my answer here but somehow got confused... I got brand new tools and batteries, will my 18v - DCB115 charger charge my 20v -  DCB204 batteries?

Welcome to the forum.

How could it possibly be confusing...

Yes, the DCB115 dual output charger, works for both 12V MAX and for 20V MAX (called 18V in the ROW market) batteries, will properly charge that DCB204 4Ah 20V MAX Lithium Ion battery pack.