Tool Use Annoyances?

Anyone got some tool use annoyances?

One for me is impact driver trigger spam. Everyone probably knows that guy who goes to drive a screw and after they start driving the screw they must at a minimum pull the trigger a bazillion times before it is fully set. Most impacts now days have speed controls to help prevent over driving of fasteners. Also an experienced user of an impact driver should know when to let go of the trigger to prevent over driving and maybe give it a second quick pull if the fastener needs dialed in a bit more. No need to spam the trigger.

Another one for me is calling tools by technically incorrect names. For example a reciprocating saw, circular saw, and string trimmer all have other names associated with them like sawzall, skilsaw, etc. but are technically not correct.

I do not like Impact drivers just because they are too noisy but they are useful when you want to unscrew partially oxidised screws, plus when you are a bit tired you don't care too much when to let go of the trigger. 

I am on the side of the standardisation of tool names. These names are used widely as most of the tool users do not have any training for the tool they use, unfortunately. I would expect the tool brands having videos of their tools on YouTube explaining it properly instead of putting a useless user manual printed in 30-40 languages! 

• Like 1