Ryobi mower cutting out

matthewmccomis

Hello, I have a ryobi mower that while mowing quickly becomes less powerful until it cannot even roll over the already mowed grass. The mower is 3 years old and I should hope would be able to last. The battery is new from the start of the summer and when recharged it can function normally for a short period of time before it starts to die again, even though it shows full charge. It is not overheating, the temperature is well within its operating range, and all safeguards are in place. This issue has been a huge pain and if anyone could provide any insight I would be extremely grateful. Thanks!

Here is a video of me demonstrating the issue: https://youtu.be/Yb23mwxX6nw?si=ZJW73CyNFyOyODMl

Weird.  I have been hearing about problems with the mower doing the same thing but haven't seen a fix yet.  My guess from I have been reading is either the motor or some type of circuit board issue but again, haven't seen a fix.