new dewalt 20v budget combo kit

Javier

Spotted yesterday at the home depot a new dewalt combo kit dcd240c2 for $199

It it's basically the dcd771c2 kit I reviewed a while back with the brushed impact driver.

The drill itself is good although very basic in features but it still includes the slow charger and the small 1.3ah batteries.

I've owned that impact before and it's good too, but as a whole i think the kit should be around $180 for what you get

Did Dewalt phase out hard cases? I just looked online at the Dewalt drill kits a HD.com and they all showed tool bags. I think 150 is more reasonable for that kit you used to be able to get the kick with the DCD780 brushed drill and impact kit for under 200 bucks occasionally and that's a much better drill. at least the impact is a regular 20v max tool

• Like 1

$150 makes sense for what you get. I did notice the dcd771c2 kit jumped up to $150 so that's probably why they justify the $199 price but I've seen other brands kits with normal chargers and batteries combos for the same price. I just noticed the bags are on all the combo kits and some single tool kits

Did Dewalt phase out hard cases? I just looked online at the Dewalt drill kits a HD.com and they all showed tool bags. I think 150 is more reasonable for that kit you used to be able to get the kick with the DCD780 brushed drill and impact kit for under 200 bucks occasionally and that's a much better drill. at least the impact is a regular 20v max tool

All multi tool kits now come with bags. All single tool kits come with kit boxes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing the combo kit at Lowe's and H.D. for $199 since Nov. It was on the black Friday sale and then for Christmas special as well. I guess H.D. just keep the same price every since:) Yes. I agreed they should sell it for $150. But I think they are still try to sell all the 18v combo. They still go for $149 at my stores here in Hawaii. Maybe that's why they price them at $199 still. they also have just the 20v drill kit for 99bucks as well....

All multi tool kits now come with bags. All single tool kits come with kit boxes.

Yea. I wish they have the multi tool kit came with box. That will be sweet but all the combo kits and the multi tool kits only come with the contactor bag.... I have like 3 of those already. Or maybe they try to push people to buy the tstak system? I mean they are pretty good price on amazon. Especially if you have prime. Tax are included in price and free 3days shipping. It a great deal for me shopping online get free shipping to Hawaii:)